PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I know there is a fairly good population of pipe smokers here but I've never seen any clubs or gatherings that I recall?
Anyone?

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I work down in Austin about 50% of the time. I haven't found any yet, but I'm sure willing to grab a beer and a smoke one night when I'm in town.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Would be fun. Hoping I can maybe find a few pipe smokers around here and maybe even start a small group if there aren't any formal ones.
Feel free to shoot me a PM when you're around town, maybe we can line something up in the near future.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I'll look at my calendar for the next few weekends and see if we can't find a date that works well for everyone. I'm sure there's a place that would accomodate a small informal gathering. Cool River on Parmer comes to mind. Open to suggestions of course.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Ugh..I can't give suggestions ..last time I was in Austin was Mardi gras a while back. Got lost on 6th and don't remember how I got out.. :roll:

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
MSandoval: I won't be able to meet on weekends. Back home in Dallas on the weekends ;-)
But check PM on the right hand side. I'd be happy to meet for a beer after work one day.

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
I live in Austin and would love to meet some fellow pipers in a few weeks when the semester is underway. (I teach and the beginning of the semester is intense.) Got no idea, really, where we might meet. I don't think I have ever even seen anyone smoking a pipe in Austin. Austin seems pretty smoker-unfriendly to me...

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Well I work near pipeworld on anderson, but I actually have never been in that one - I've gone to the one in Round Rock and found them to be generally unfriendly. Heroes and Legacies has their pipe nights on Tuesday - but you can go and sit outside and smoke on their patio at any time. I was wondering if anyone here actually went to pipenight at Heroes.

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Austin is kinda our little slice of California when it comes to smoking.
Im north of you near Waco. Dont get down often, but if you get something going I would love to get the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.