Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
We will be having a Pipes Magazine Radio Show the day after Christmas and our featured interview will be with Per Jensen from The Mac Baren Tobacco Co.
per-jensen.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
With the hustle & bustle of Christmas, I almost forgot about the show. My iTunes app dutifully downloaded it, whew.
No, wait - that was the 12/19 show, I'm falling behind!

kb7get

Lurker
Nov 10, 2012
Thank you for the early update. Will be sure to listen to this one. Wish you had more shows that discussed tobacco.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
We received a note from iTunes telling us that they will be updating some things on their end right around the time the show is syndicated. This may or may not affect the timeliness of the December 26th show appearing in iTunes. It may, or may not be delayed.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Looking forward to this one, Per knows his stuff. Great guy to sit down and chat with in Chicago, if anybody is planning to be there next year.

mike73

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2013
Another great show guys. I was very excited for this show, having been on a Mac Baren kick here lately. They actually have the first latakia blend that I just can not get enough of with their Plum Cake mix. I think Brian nailed this interview with the questions asked. A few answers floored me like the age of tobacco in the HH dark fired blend and with the amount of tobacco actually stored in the warehouse. This show is like a good Virginia, it gets better with age! I can not wait to see what you two put together for us with the new year. Keep up the good work!

peter70

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2013
I'm normally not listening to the radio show, but this time I could not pass. I really like this guy. I was very sad, when the Jensen pipe factory closed and I'm holding my Georg Jensen pipes in honor. I'm glad, that MacBaren saw the possibilities, when hiring him and the success of the HH blends shows, that they took the right decision. I'm supporting MacBaren, whenever I can, because I like privately owned companies, which are not as corporate as STG/Orlik nowadays.
A question, I was missing, was, why they decided to not go with the original 3 Nuns recipe, when they took over production. I would have been interested, if there were any legal reasons, or other reasons behind it.

Thank you, gentlemen, for doing these shows. I have enjoyed this show as usual. And, I've just ordered a tin of HH Old Dark Fired to give it a try. Mac Barren blends a few of my favorite tobaccos, and it was a pleasure hearing you guys talk more about the leaf trade. I would have never thought about how politics in Africa could affect our hobby. Good stuff.

Feb 18, 2011
Great show, I could listen to Mr. Jensen talk all day. Very interesting hearing the inner workings of blending and the MacBaren history.
Brian and Kevin, you have re-sparked my love of pipes with your podcast, thank you very much!

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Brian and Kevin:
Last week was a rough one for me. We had a major ice storm here in mid-Michigan, and we lost power from Saturday night, December 21, until Saturday afternoon, December 28. I tend to be a worrier, but my anxiety was in overdrive as we saw our house temp drop from 71 to 37 over the course of three days. Luckily, we were able to borrow a generator to keep the water pipes from freezing, but we couldn't stay in the house after the second night. (We're semi-rural, on a well, so we had no running water without electricity. And our phone is through the cable company, so. . . only cellular once the power was gone.) We lost lots of tree limbs, all our food (of course), and had to move our cat out for a while. All of that to say, it wasn't a great Christmas week.
Today, I finally got to listen to the latest Radio Show. I haven't always enjoyed MacBaren's blends, so I wasn't sure I'd care much for the interview. I was wrong. I loved it. And now I'm thinking I need to work my way through every one of MacBaren's offerings and see if I can understand them better. To top it off, the Bing Crosby song almost brought tears to my eyes. After an awful "holiday" week, it was the perfect medicine.
For some folks, I'm sure this was just another enjoyable episode. But it ended up meaning much more than that to me. And for that, I have to say thank you.
Bob

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I just listened to the show - another excellent interview. I agree with Brian on "The Polar Express", it is just plain creepy.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Awesome show again - these two back to back interviews were great! Only question I would have liked to have heard was - has he seen a pipe tobacco up-tick with the amount or quantity of pipe tobacco sold and if so what regions of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.