PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Evening,
I was perusing SP earlier today and I noticed they now have tins of Astley's No. 44 Dark Virginia Flake in stock. I can't remember the last time I saw this blend available and I know there are some fans of this blend here, so I wanted to spread the word if anyone is interested. I went ahead and added 3x tins to my monthly TAD. :)

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
44 is a great blend, one of my favorites. It is always ready to smoke out of the tin, always nice and sweet and will age nicely.
Only reason it is in stock is because I am done loading up on it. I am now concentrating on getting more Astleys 109. When I saw the 44 in stock, I checked and there were 31 tins, I thought about it for a second but stuck to my plan of grabbing more 109.

Dec 24, 2012
I am done with 44 as well. I also just completed Wessex Campaign Brigade Dark Flake, another excellent blend that can be tough to come by (primarily because of Harris' hoarding)

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
peck, the term is cellaring, hoarding is only for essentials like food and gas. I find the word hoarding insulting and I take great offense to it. Now go get your fckng shine box.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Peck, you want me to keep Harris here until you get back?
Drinks, are on the house...

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
peck, lol. years ago I did have the market cornered. When I first moved to Florida, all I wore was Tommy Bahama silk Hawaiian shirts and their printed silk blend golf shirts. I had a closet full. Now all of my silk shirts are one color except my lone Tommy you saw in the pic at Zacks. I decided it was stupid paying 120.00 a shirt for the Tommy's when I could buy the same quality silk from Jos. Banks for 50.00. That 70.00 savings is 7 tins of tobacco in my book.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
It seems to me that once the discussion descends to mutually tolerable insults, those that are uttered with zing and relished as they hit home, that the combatants enact a true and valued relationship. They know the other isn't serious, or at least not totally so. They know where to aim but when hit themselves, hold the anger and evaluate the relative artistry of the insult, choosing to enjoy this above all else. In other words, I say a big "YES" to this thread!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
mike, peck and I live to bust each others balls. Finding a worthy opponent is never easy. Tell us a little about yourself, how long have you been a minion for 4noggins? Does Rich keep you tied up to a computer so that you have to post a certain number of times per hour? lol

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I am not sure that Mr. Ezrati is the owner of the pipe tobacco company. I tried finding info but came up blank. Maybe mike from 4noggins can find out or maybe Leonard from Lane has the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.