PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
My wife has been sick the past few days....so I needed to get out of the house. I headed South down to the J.B. Hayes Tobacconist in Winchester, VA. They always have numerous boxes of estates to look thru and I found this 1998 Ashton Pebblegrain Cherrywood in my favorite, XXX size. We struck a deal on the pipe and I also grabbed the last two tins of Balkan Sobranie (the owner said they wouldn't be getting more anytime soon).
I'd like to setup a forum meeting there in Jan/Feb. The owner seemed very excited about that possibility and will set out some tables we can use. More to come on that.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Nice pipe ! Pretty soon you'll wish the wife gets sick more often so you can go after these nice finds :rofl:
All kidding aside, hope she gets to feel better soon.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Awesome Bill Taylor Ashton Al. That is a beautiful find. Congrats! Great job! Hope the wife feels better soon.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wife is feeling better, thanks for those wishes. Now I'm hoping she doesn't pass on that Christmas gift.
I'm an hour into a bowl of Princes Street Mixture, wow, this one is a winner. It is a pretty open pipe, particularly for an Ashton so a tight packed worked well. That cylinder bowl sure feels good in the hand.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
That is awesome Al. Glad she is feeling better and you love your new Ashton! I am gonna have to visit J.B. Hayes someday.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Don't forget, I'll be setting up a forum night at this tobacconist, so stay tuned.

http://www.hayestobacconist.com/
When I was there yesterday, one of their cigar reps stopped in and I found out we both live in the same town,, which sadly has no pipe tobacco vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.