As Promised Yule Pudding Review(eye opener)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

docrx

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 9, 2011
Jack Lee(pipeinhand) was kind enough to provide me with a sample of his new blend.To be honest I was not expecting much and boy was I wrong. The pouch smell was mostly Vanilla like and quite pleasant.The tobacco itself was deep brown and black colored and finely cut . It was somewhat moist but I did not have the patience to dry it out prior to smoking it. It did not matter as it burned beautifully without need for any relights. It was exceptionally smooth with a hint of spice on the tip of my tongue which kept my interest throughout the smoke. Perhaps cinnamon or maybe ginger,but not to strong . Thoughts of Captain Morgan spiced rum and Coke crossed my mind.I could smoke it all day but I believe It would be most enjoyed after dinner as a dessert. The room note was a pleasant vanilla . There was absolutely no gurgle in my Savinelli despite the moisture of the tobacco. It burned right to the bottom of the bowl. I had a pretense that Jack Lee was like a lot of amateur blenders out there touting their tobacco's.This guy is quite the Master blender! I will definitely be looking to try and purchase any other offerings he has in the near future. The FREE sample has absolutely no bearing on my review. I would gladly pay him for it would he request it.I have been a Boswell fan in the past,enjoyed 1Q and Autumn Eve,but this blend is a better aromatic then them all.

fireman03

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
I can't wait for his site to go up. His work is at the top of my list right now.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Awesome review... thanks docrx.
Question: is this his new X-mas blend that he sent a couple of samples out for reviews?
If so, I should be receiving a sample of it very soon, apparently it got lost in the mail and he is resending... man I cant wait :D

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Yeah. It's a fine blend. I'm thinking his site will go up at the same time that this one goes on sale. I did a YouTube video review of this one and talked about his other blends, too.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Thanks Doc, I am honored that you enjoyed it. Yup, it will be released on Nov 1 and only sold through Jan 5, a true holiday blend. The web site will be up soon and I am going to advertize on this forum as money provides. All in good time for a one man show, except for my helper/wife Laura. :) I have been blending for about 20 years, for myself and friends until now.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
Can' wait... got some overtime money burning a hole in my pocket with your name on it.

vdubguy18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2012
I will be getting some of this on the 1st as well as restocking on Summer Sangria!!

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Just smoked another bowl of Yule Pudding in my Peterson System this time while walking the dog. Amazing burn! Burned to complete ash; I had to relight only once at the very end. Nothing was left; the pipe emptied out clean with one knock against my palm! This time around I experienced more dried fruit and cinnamon spice in the flavor. Much more spice and less vanilla and caramel. This was probably due to my change in pipe and I was actively walking not passively sitting (i.e. breathing pattern changed). It was a relaxing smoke on a quiet country road under the moonlight! Perfection! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.