PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Okay, I've not smoked some new aromatic tobaccos lately. So I've ordered some Cult Blood Red Moon, and some Drew Estates, Central Park Stroll. Well, I sometimes like to smoke some aromatics. So I ordered some Cult Blood Red Moon cherry flavored tobacco. I have never liked cherry tobacco, but this is somewhat different. Not too much better, than most cherry blends, but then better than most. I haven't tried that many, but this is pretty good. Strong cherry flavor, but not too strong, I like this. Leaves a coating on the tongue of cherry flavor. I think I will have to try out more cherry flavors, like SG Top Cherry, but in the meantime, this is very good!
Okay, on to the Drew Estates, Central Park Stroll. I have read some good reviews, but to be honest, I think this is rather boring. Can't seem so find any flavor in this. Supposed to be chocolate and vanilla, but can't seem to find it. I'll try a few more bowls, but I don't expect much.

I'm hoping for the best with these, but I gotta be honest, I find Virginia Flakes more interesting....
Did I mention, I've been drinking tequila? Ah, hah, hah.... With a grain of salt folks...

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
So I'm trying the Cult, cherry blend again tonight, and my wife likes the smell of it. Smoking it in an old WDC pipe of an unknown age, probably pretty old, and it tastes good!

Who would think that tequila would go with this?

All I can say is that is much better than the Drew Estate Central Park Stroll. Sorry to all concerned...

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
I have a tin of the Cult Blood Red Moon and have only smoked a couple bowls worth. However, I think it is a pretty good smoke overall, especially for a cherry blend. I just have to be in the right mood for it.

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
I enjoyed my tin of cult blood red moon, and I had a tin of Drew Estate Harvest on Hudson that I mixed 50/50 with Captain Black regular (white) that was pretty tasty.

phil22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 19, 2013
I recently tried a tin of Cult Blood Red Moon and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I am not sure that I have ever smoked a cherry blend that I enjoyed as much.I prefer primarily Va/Per and English blends but I will keep some aromatics for a change of pace and BRM will be among those.

Feb 18, 2012
RI, USA
i received a tin of cult from the monthly pipes & tobacco club and it has really impressed me! i wasn't a cherry fan until i smoked this blend. its creamy, smooth, no bite, & has a nice taste/room note. i will buy it again.

bwithers55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 17, 2012
You should take up the offer of the G&H top black cherry. Mix it 50/50 with straight va for a wonderful smoke.
Best Wishes,

Bill Withers

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
bwithers55, I have some of that top black cherry and didn't care for it on its own, so I tried mixing 50/50 with black cavendish. Still didn't like it. Maybe I will try your idea with some rubbed out VA flake.

gnome

Lurker
Feb 6, 2016
I am an unabashed fan of sweet aromatics, especially cherry. The cult Blood Red Moon is the best of this type. It has cool creamy mouth feel like nothing else I found.

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
Cult gets a lot of good reviews. I've been wanting to add a few quality aromatics to my rotation, and this seems like a good choice. Has anyone tried the Conspiracy, which has some latakia?

gnome

Lurker
Feb 6, 2016
I have not had an opportunity to try Conspiracy yet, Tobaccopipes.com ( I live only a few miles for the store. )is currently out of stock, but I have tried Abacus. Abacus is really good, a cool and mild smoke with no bite. There is a definite sweetness on the tongue, but it is hard to detect a specific flavor. The product description said overwhelming, but I did not find it to be. Taste is mild, room note is mild, strength is mild, just an overall pleasant smoke. A well crafted blend, where everything is balanced. I like it a lot. I am becoming a big fan of Cult blends. If you like sweet aromatics, this is a must try.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Agreed, Cult is a must have if you like aros, or maybe even not! Good luck trying to get Blood Red Moon; it's back ordered everywhere. Absolutely no one has it in stock.

gnome

Lurker
Feb 6, 2016
Check out http://www.tobaccopipes.com/ for Blood Red Moon.

They are a site sponsor, and have a good stock of it, plus free shipping!

Status
Not open for further replies.