PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Having read several intriguing reviews of this line of blends on Roadkillbuffet.com. I decided to pick up a sampler and try them out. First, a disclaimer, I'm something of a beginner at writing reviews, so please bear that in mind. This is one person's opinion.
The blend comes in three types, Hairy - which is a Danish cut, Shaved, and Smelly - which is an aro. They did offer a flaked version, but Flaky Armpit apparently didn't sell well. Why, I have no idea.
The blends arrived, under heavily armed guard, in lead lined pouches. Packaging is extremely robust and of high quality. By following the page of instructions I was able to open the pouches without too much difficulty, using shaped charges.
I opened the pouch of Hairy Armpit and inhaled deeply to get the "tin" note. A few hours later when I awoke in the back of an ambulance I was able to pull out the IV drip and escape as we pulled up at Emergency. By staying in the shadows I made it home without being seen, though the strangely fluorescent glow of my skin could have given me away.
Tongs are included with the blends and they come in very handy, let me tell you. Or, and it also include a full hazmat suit. Pretty good deal, considering that I only paid $5200 for a 12 ounce sampler.
Before I go any farther, I should add note about the pipe that I chose to use. It's a Ho Nordh, made in Corpus Christi, Szechuan Province, China. Ho is a master, whose position in the pipe world is comparable to that of Sam Picasso's in the art world. Nuff said.
I decided to start with Hairy Armpit, that cut being the most familiar to me, and using the tongs, loaded up the pipe.
The tobacco lights very easily, only needing 2-3 clicks of my acetylene torch to get a decent charring light. Then a couple more clicks and it's good to go.
This is a very assertive blend and not for beginners, the squeamish, or anyone who has any future plans of reproducing. One is assaulted by a complex swirl of flavors, methane, burning rubber, kimchi, pickles, hot asphalt, rutabagas, and belly button lint.
First third of the bowl: despite the persistent nausea I was able to detect that a large component is the Balkan varietal known as Vijiuskuia. This is a rare and costly leaf, only grown in the nether regions of the Smegmaushka mountains in the upper lower central steppes of Asia not so minor.
Second third of the bowl: Am having some difficulty remaining consciousness as the room continues to swim around me but here the Vijiuskuia give way to another varietal that I cannot identify. The flavor becomes smoother, with notes of burning enamel paint, horse fly poop, and carrion.
Final third of the bowl: Have managed to crawl to the front door and claw it open. The flavors have once again transformed as the subtle sweetness of restaurant dumpster has joined with the other flavors in a torrent that is roaring through what remains of my brain like the Pinetop Express.
I can't describe the quality of the ash as it had mixed pretty thoroughly with the liquified remains of the pipe.
This blend is definitely a WINNER! I'm planning to buy a quantity of it to cellar and am having excavations begun next month in the backyard.
My next try out will be with the Smelly Armpit blend. Supposedly, they hook up 100 hogs to tubes that collect their gaseous emissions and use that to perfume the blend. Talk about bacony goodness! I have no doubt this will be huge!
Thanks for reading. Hope that you find this helpful.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Very informative ... especially for a newbie such as yourself!
I concur with your assessment of Hairy Armpit and would recommend skipping the Smelly Armpit blend

so that you may proceed directly to AssCrack Flakes or Fumunda Plug ... delicious!
I'm not sure what the original impetus was for this posting but I thoroughly enjoyed it! :)

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
Sounds good but unfortunately due to the hype built by this review it's now sold out and backordered into the great beyond. Another great set of blends I'll never get to try.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I bought the match blend in bulk, Hirsute Underarm, for way less money. No ambulance ride, but they sent over

an elderly nurses aide who drove me to the doc in a box in her 1998 Taurus. I lit it with a creme bruele torch.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
+10!
For those unable to obtain this great blend, you can approximate the experience by hanging out at the local trash incinerator, sucking on an empty pipe.

Ha ha, are you sure this wasn't Semois? When I read the first reviews of Semois smelling like barnyard waste and tasting about the same, I wasn't surprised that everyone scurried off to try it, haha, even going as far as to twist dealer's arms to import it. I'm sure that this will be a hit with that crowd.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
I smoked Hairy Armpit in the 70's when you could get it at the corner drug store or any funeral home. It's nowhere near the same blend now. I blame the unavailability of Syrian DDT for the top-dressing.

brudnod

Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
I was going to try it but was a bit put off by the biohazard decal. Sounds like an evening blend. Do you suggest placing the IV before or after opening the tin? Oh, yes, and which lab tests were not abnormal?

werebear

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2014
I briefly acquired a modest packet of Hairy Armpit through a friend of a friend but, once the FBI and SWAT came over to vist, shouting something about National Security, nuclear waste, and the Patriot Act, I happened to decide that it just wasn't for me. :rofl:

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
is this like Law and Order where you have to have a disclaimer like "Any similarity to actual tobacco portrayed in the following is merely coincidental, and should be considered ficticious"? ...because I think I have had some of these before.

Status
Not open for further replies.