PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I see that some Arley Curtz Pipes hit the bay this morning. Since he is from my home state I have some interest. Does anyone have a Curtz pipe or know how they smoke or craftsmanship qualities?
I dont know if I can post a link or not so I will not to be safe. Let me know if anyone needs a link or if it is okay to post one.
Thanks.

Aug 1, 2012
I absolutely love my Arley Curtz pipe and would list him in my top 10 even above Ashton and Upshall. If you can get them at a good price, go for them.

Aug 1, 2012
I've looked at them and they are all below what you would pay in a shop. His usually run $150 and up for a smooth. I especially love the one with "ivory" but I'll hold off this time. If you want some comparison on price, look up the Tinder Box in Salt Lake and check out what they have in stock. They also have more in the shop if you're looking for a specific shape or finish.

thedeep

Lurker
Feb 24, 2014
I bought one of those Ebay Curtz pipes and it is a real winner! Emailed Arly a couple of times. Seems like a real nice guy. I would not hesitate to get another one of his pipes. In fact, I tried, but got outbid.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
I have heard good things but I haven't owned one myself. I have almost pulled the trigger several times on ones on ebay and they have all been for cheaper then the prices you mentioned.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I went to the Tinder Box and looked at these pipes in person. I was floored by the look and feel. I am going to pull the trigger on one very soon. They were more expensive at the B&M than these three on the bay (both places listing them as new and unsmoked). I also like the looks of the estate pipes recently listed by pipestud. I will keep my eye out for some estates as well.
Thanks for all the input.

thedeep

Lurker
Feb 24, 2014
You know, you might just email Arley and see if he has something you like. Mods===am I allowed to post Arley's email?

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
well SOB - the prices dropped on the two remaining to $100 and I spent my funds on baccy. Oh well, I hope someone from here grabs them as you all have answered my questions and then some. :) I will get one on the next go around.

Status
Not open for further replies.