PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A stray thought: Is Forums a collaborative novel, autobiography, or essay collection with an authorship of several hundred (thousand?) people? Kevin would be the editor, and the mods, all of them over time, would be contributing editors.

bouwser

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2018
I would add part memoir. For many, the subject doesn't stray much from pipes, pipe tobacco, and the like. Very interesting topic though. I wonder if in 1000 years people will find these forums and read through them anthropologically, gaining insight into our culture?
I can just see some professor reading through these posts. They would find meaning behind the loses of McClelland and Dunhill on the "pipe people."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
This place is a Mad Lib.
jay-roger.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Idly, I've wondered about how this would play as a novel, a male rendition of "Women of the Club." No worry. I don't have enough faith in narrative at my own hand to do such a work, but there are thems who post here who could, I suspect.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Idly, I've wondered about how this would play as a novel, a male rendition of "Women of the Club." No worry. I don't have enough faith in narrative at my own hand to do such a work, but there are thems who post here who could, I suspect
I think Jay could probably write that story Tom!
I think of this forum as an anthology of short stories, of which every member is one. We've all got our own thing going on but this forum brings us all together.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
The way some of you guys write about your pipes or favorite blends, this forum could be a forum romance novel.

Jan 8, 2013
I see it as not much more than a group conversation, mostly on the subject of something we share an interest in, in text form. Sometimes we go off the rails and have a bit of fun, cracking jokes, and telling stories, showing off our newest pipes, etc. It's really more akin to an online version of a pipe and tobacco club.
Or perhaps a large group of pen pals. We right short little letters to each other, sometimes including photographs.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Oh, God, Jesse, you did NOT just say that....}:)
I'd say combo anthology & memoir, Tom, but you know me -- just about *any*thing fits that description for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.