PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Really sweet of her. Here's the biggest chunk of Pudding with the little Butz Choquin billiard I smoked the first bowl in. The Butz is my first pipe ever, from the eighties sometime, after falling in love with Tolkien's books.
IMG_2261_zps2cf9bf02.jpg

The Plum Pudding is a complex English with Orientals/Turkishes, Perique, Virginia, Latakia and even Cavendish for some sweetness, and tastes like soil. Earthy is the more commonly used term. It's rich and creamy, but balanced and very tasty. Plus being Krumble Kake, you have to mess with it before you can smoke it, which I like to do.
The best part of the surprise was she didn't just send me some of what she had, but said she 'ordered extra just for me'. Pretty sweet. Pipers are the best.
Dave

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Are you sure that's not Mississippi River? I thought Plum was thick rectangular flakes but I'm not near my stash. Either way though, they are both delicious.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
When she asked me if I liked Plum Pudding it sounded hideous, I thought sickly sweet and treacly. I looked it up on tobaccoreviews and changed my mind. Having smoked a couple of bowls, I think I know why the blender called it Plum Pudding: it's a special, rich smoke for special occasions, like a single expensive bottle of Belgian Tripel beer.
I love it. Luxury Navy Flake remains my favorite all-day smoke, for it's unvarnished tobacco flavor, but I love me the Englishes, Orientals and Balkans for treats.
She didn't send it to get anything, but I have a return pack of goodies I'll send as soon as I can. Girl's in school full time, and working part time for peanuts, so it was an extra kind gift.
@daimyo: It came in the P&C baggie marked Plum Pudding, I just took a chunk out for the photo.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
The Plum Pudding I am smoking on can from a 2 oz can so perhaps my tin just happened to have very flake like pieces of the blend in the tin. I went to P&C and the picture they have looks much more like what your pic shows.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Yeah, it came in a 4oz bulk baggie. I didn't know you might get flake like pieces if you order a tin, but Krumble Kake if you get bulk. Meh, it's frigging tasty and I still have to mess with it before I can smoke it! Thanks archy :)

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Plum Pudding comes in big bricks as it's pressed. The first half pound I got was nice big pieces then the pound I got was alot more loose stuff. All in all it's from the same source though. I don't know if it changes by batch, I think though the first time I tried it, it was drier and I really got the salty flavor people speak of along with the cardamon spice and sweetness. This stuff from the pound I got is more damp and is really creamy like Penzance I find only I prefer it to penzance, there's more going on for me with it in the flavor department. Once it dries out more I'll see if the saltiness and spice comes back or if it's different batches with different flavors.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Hia, Pal:
One of the guys who makes this forum so special, Cardinal fan Shaintiques, sent me some SPC Plum Pudding several years ago and it's become a favorite. Recently, one of my new best friends forever, Mainman341, mailed me a healthy but addictive dose of SPC Mississippi River and now I've got another hook through my liver.
Your friend, Archy, is to be treasured, bub. Honor that friendship, okay?
To everybody else, utilize our back channel communications here. I've sent PMs to strangers asking for a taste of an enticing blend - obviously offering something in return - and have received some fan favorites and some dogs. More importantly, I've made some terrific friends along the way.
Fnord

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Congratulations Dave (Simnett-Pratt) and kudos to Archy. SPC Plum Pudding and Mississippi River are firm favourites of mine. I've yet to try their Seattle Eveni g but I imagine it's also yummy!
Andy

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
@boss: Hey, if you blame me, you have to also blame the other 99% of us on here that are incorrigible enablers, including you. So there :)
@fnord: archy is a treasure, don't worry. I noticed her posts when she first joined a few months ago. They stood out for her intelligence, kindness, grammar, and the fact that she always had something to say and didn't post fluff. One of my favorite posters. I do hate her dad, though. He restores old European sports cars from the fifties and sixties. His latest for sale is an absolutely cherry 1959 TR-3A. It's bright red, comes with a white hardtop if you're in that mood, and is completely restored from front to back and top to bottom. Previously she sent me links to pics of a sweet old Alfa Spyder he had for sale. I really hate that guy.
@andy: If Mississipi River's as good as Plum Pudding, I would like that too. When I sent archy her CARE pack, I sent her what I had, which was mostly aros, and they are her least favorite tobaccos. I sent what I had; I wish I'd had more Puddingy types to send. Oh well, she likes the Nording Horn, unless she's lying to be polite. Hope not; I'm not lying when I say I love the Pudding.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
This forum is going to end up being shut down, what with all the goodwill spreading; it'll have to be regulated.

In the meanwhile, I'm thinking of expanding my tobacco selections, and it sounds like I found another blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.