PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Tuesday night was the NYC monthly pipe club meeting at Cafe Tobac in Soho and this month I was able to attend. Amongst the fascinating people there I was able to meet our own 'E. Roberts', a long time member of the club.
Just to remind, E. Roberts writes those amazing articles for Pipesmagazine.com on pipe tobaccos, the origins of tea/tobacco, and the story of the creation of the NYC Pipe Club four pipe blends made especially for the club and sold by Pipesandcigars.com, just to name a few. (He also wrote the tin descriptions)
E. Roberts is a fascinating person, introduced to me as a 'Renaissance Man' by another member. Lets just say he is a man of many talents. His knowledge of pipes and tobaccos, cigars and other assorted subjects is very impressive.
I would encourage any NY, NJ, CT smoker who can make it down there to give the meeting a try. You'll meet the nicest bunch of folks from all walks of life who come together to share their passion for our wonderful hobby.
Allan

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I was hoping to make that one, but had to change my schedule. I think that I have met E. Roberts myself on a previous visit. He gave a presentation on the NYC pipe club blends last year. You are fortunate to be able to participate monthly in such a well run and diverse club.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
That guy's the greatest! I had him baptize my cats, in fact :mrgreen:

Seriously though, the pipe club meetings are great at our new venue--Circa Tabac, one of the last bastions of smoking in this city at the end of the world. It was great meeting you too, Allan, see you next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.