Apparently I Am Not Manly Enough For Black Irish X!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
I was gifted a small sample of Black Irish X through the FREE pay it forward thread. Sitting here now I am very grateful for the sample - and that it was a small sample. This is very strong and deep.
I cut two coins and then rubbed it out. Maybe it needs to dry some? It is hard to keep lit so I am hitting it pretty hard. I forgot what the flavor profile is supposed to be. I am getting charcoal lighter mixed with watermelon rind and acid reflux. Forgive me but I type funny when my head is spinning...
Seriously though, I am super happy for the opportunity, and can't wait to learn how to smoke a rope!

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
My wife said it looks like my dog got into the tobacco and left me a present lol!
pt-ghl0028-ix.png

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Of all the many things it is, enjoying high nicotine tobacco is not a willy measuring contest.
I suggest giving it a little time after you cut it and rub it out for some of the excess moisture to leave.

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
Of all the many things it is, enjoying high nicotine tobacco is not a willy measuring contest.
What a relief!

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
+1
I'm loving the ropes, can't wait to try the Black Irish X. I've had Gawith & Hoggarth's Black Cherry, Sweet Maple and Sweet Rum twists. Very nice. Yeah, I have to dry them out a bit and they are hard to keep lit otherwise. But overall, great smokes and great for blending. My inner child loves that they look like dog poop, so, I make him mow the lawn. :)

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
I have not seen my willy for a while now. In fact I mentioned this to my doctor while I was complaining about my sudden weight gain. He asked if I had tried to diet.
My God! What color is it??

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I go with one coin, rubbed out, on a full stomach. The flavor is amazing but I am feeling it at the end of one. lol

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
Yes it is pagan! Apparently the room note is pretty strong- wife just locked me out on the patio.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Slice it into coins, let it dry until it's crispy, it really has an oily kind of look and is almost like breaking up charcoal, then I find it's a great smoke. The slightest bit of moisture in it and I find it changes from a great bar-b-que charred steak taste to motor oil like. I've been smoking Brown Bogie lately which is much stronger and really I'm at the point where the nicotine hardly affects me now. I do find though the rope has stronger sections, you can see it in the darkness of the tobacco on the inside. I hardly even get the niccups anymore from it.

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
I will let it dry out some tomorrow. Would you suggest rubbing it out all the way or just crumbling it up a bit? Aldecaker - I may try to chew a little, is it sweet at all?

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Ropes are the only form that I cube-cut. Slice thinly with a guillotine-style cigar cutter, cube, then dry, & gravity feed into a small narrow bowl. Smoke very slowly to enjoy the flavor & keep the nicotine dose controlled. With ropes, often less is more, and very satisfying.
Don't worry, smoking rope tobaccos are not required for your Man Card:
ltO4YNu.png

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I have most of a tin that I aged for a few years. When I finally tried it, I sliced it, rubbed it, and let it dry for a bit. It wasn't too strong for me, but I'm just a Burley smoker. Speaking of which, how come there aren't any burley ropes?

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
Dont worry if it goes out, just wait and relight, keeps the nicotine from smacking you around.

Status
Not open for further replies.