PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I liked it. Here's the review I wrote:

There's a casing that reminds me of berry wine, but it's lightly added. The Virginias are a little earthy and sweet. The black cavendish adds to the sweetness without imposing the typical vanilla flavor one expects it to have under normal circumstances, so it must be unsweetened. The latakia seems a little sweet for Syrian, and not as smokey or woodsy as usual, but it still tastes very good, and provides the necessary depth of flavor needed here. It's at the border of the aromatic English genre, and should please both crowds. Burns at slow to moderate pace with a consistent flavor and leaves no dottle. Has a pleasant room note.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
I was told it contains "new" Syrian. Tastes significantly different than the other Syrian blends I've tried. Not really my cupmof tea this "new syrian".

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Yes, I liked it very much. Too me, the taste on the char light is of roasting chestnuts, like the aroma from vendor carts in NYC in the wintertime...

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Sounds good guys!

I've had a couple tins of it in the cellar for a year or two now, just haven't got around to them yet.

My tastes tends to run about the same as Jim's, although not as refined. I'm sure that if he likes it, I probably will too.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
I've got a tin waiting to be popped; it's nice to see positive things written here.
I've read a few reviews saying that the syrian is different, or just plain not there, so I'm curious to try it out.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I thought it was an unusual blend, but I can't remember why (lame, I know). I found it so in part because the latakia was playing with the other ingredients, of which I remember that were several, but not dominant; and I little bitey. But then again I've slowed down some, so maybe not bitey now.

Status
Not open for further replies.