PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deuce26

Can't Leave
Jan 29, 2014
Slidell, Louisiana
http://www.smokingpipes.com/accessories/pipe%20accessories/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=138616
Was thinking of picking up this case. Any comments or alternatives would be greatly appreciated. Also considering the Peterson 2 pipe deluxe, albeit that one is more than twice the price. Let me know your thoughts.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Nope. I always rely on my trusty Official PipesMagazine.com Handy Tote -- the only one endorsed by PipesMagazine.com.

PMPipePouch.jpg

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Was thinking of picking up this case.
I was faced with a similar situation last month and I passed on the deal. It's not that 20 bucks is too much, but I had to ask myself how practical it is for me. I think it's perfect for those guys who smoke on the same blend all day long, but I rarely smoke more than one or two bowls of anything before lighting up some other blend in my rotation, so it doesn't seem practical to me to have a pouch that size, as I'm just going to carry a few grams of any one blend at any given time. Might be good to protect your pipes though.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I think for 20 bucks its a good deal. If you are out for a day, its nice to have 2 pipes instead of a case that holds only one. I'm sure that you can squeeze another plastic bag of a different blend in the case to have a change during the day.
I do find it often that when I'm with my single pipe case I wish had a second pipe to change to.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I use a two pipe case very similar to the one you posted. I usually pick one tobacco(the horror)and two pipes. I use a different pouch which holds more tobacco, but with a lighter and some pipe cleaners I'm good to go.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
$20 bucks is a good price on goods with that kind of detail. Do not think it is big enough for 2 of my big bents thought.

All the pipe bags of this type I have purchased are on the small size when it comes to larger pipes.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Looks like a nice bag for the money. I have a Castleford one pipe bag that works fine for me I got for cheap. Fits in my coat pocket.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I carry a four pipe case. It isn't too much bigger than the one you posted about. Also holds a square tin of tobacco which most of the time for me has a few different flakes inside.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
Why would SPs.com not show an image of the interior layout of this case? Personally I couldn't buy a case without seeing its functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.