PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
More specifically their RYO blends? Yet MORE specifically the component tobaccos? I'd swear I taste VA's...
Sometimes one requires a decent smoke while at the same time lacking the free time to have a pipe.

moses

Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
Right, the whole "additive free" idea was actually the selling point for me. Since today was significantly colder than it has been for most of this week up here in Maine (and me in shorts because I couldn't be bothered to look at a forecast this morning, apparently), rather than smoking my cobs on break at work today, I smoked my AmSp organic RYO emergency stash. With a pinch of McClelland's Blending Perique thrown into the pouch and shaken vigorously.
The only thing I've figured out for sure is that the American Spirit RYO Perique Blend contans perique. Everything else to me is just theory.
But on another note, as far as burning nails goes, Spirits seem to be the lesser of MANY evils.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
The cigarettes are pretty good.
They do buy a TON of the Perique tobacco and they have really cute sales reps.
I was at a party at the Perique tobacco factory and the top guy from American Spirit was there ... and here's the sales reps ...
IMG_9407.jpg

IMG_9408.jpg

IMG_9409.jpg

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I had a buddy that tried to quit smoking cigarettes by smoking an entire pack of American Spirit Blacks (perique blend) in one sitting. I've never seen someone so sick from tobacco haha he was back to cigs a week later.

reichenbach

Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
I'm not sure about the content but I did try to smoke a bowl of American Spirit RYO. It made my throat hurt but I'm thinking I might turn to that to get off the nails. I think the Perique is only in the Black series (which also comes in RYO format).
@Kevin: I now see why they didn't higher me as a rep. And now I'm even sadder.

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
If I smoke cigs, I buy a pouch of American Spirit RYO's. They're my fav cig to smoke, but haven't had em since I picked up the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.