Anyone Ever Order From www.briarpatch.biz?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
They have a pipe I am interested in, but I've never bought from them before.
The Briar Patch is the most unique family owned and operated tobacco shop in Sacramento. For over 12 years, the owners of the Briar Patch, Ron and Jeri Michelson, have cultivated the finest collection of premium cigars, pipes and accessories for their shops, as well as the product knowledge to gain his company national recognition.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I found a pipe online that I liked but they refused to give a discount beyond 10%. I did not place the order since other shops I buy from give better discounts.
They do carry items that are not found easily elsewhere. If you like the item and the price then I would place your order.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I have ordered a couple of pipes from them. There was never a problem. I ordered,they sent. I ordered two Mastro Beraldi on one order and, I think, a Wiley the other time. I've had my eye on one of the Tinsky's and might pull the trigger on that one soon.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Tinsky FTW!!! I just got mine in from coopersark on ebay today, pics will be up in a little while. It is a fantastic Ukulele blast shape.
Nothing of worth to contribute about briar patch, but they look legit. Actually, now that i think of it, i think the youtube poster "pipesmokinpadre" or something like that has made videos of him in the briar patch, one was of him buying his first dunhill. Check it out over on youtube, but i am pretty sure it was briar patch, in Sacramento.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks edgreen and all for your comments - much appreciated.
eightywon:
FWIW http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/another-pad-story
I assume the shop was the briarpatch.biz - yes?

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
Sorry I forgot to mention, yes it was the Briar Patch. I have been to all three locations in Sacramento. One of the locations located in a shopping mall shut down. Nice shops with good selections, but then again I've only ever been to a few B&M's. I've never ordered anything through their website either.

eightywon

Apr 4, 2014
I wouldn't hesitate from ordering from them if something took my fancy

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks for the followup 81. They pipe in question is over priced when compared to similar ones online, so I am still thinking about it - but very good to know.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I bought a new Tinsky from them two years ago. Smooth as silk, great pipe. I scan their estate pipes occasionally. I'd have no hesitation using them again (I get their Twitter feed as well).

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
I spent a week in their lounge last year. Decent folk, and would not hesitate to stop by when im in the area.

keep in mind rent is not cheap in that area, and they are in a nice strip mall. Plus California fee's abound. The staff is nice and accommodating.

Im going to be in richmond, ca this weekend.....maybe I'll stop by; but I was planning on heading into Frisco . It would be closer.

loneredtree

May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
Tan, Since you are in the Bay Area, check out Telfords. http://www.telfordspipeandcigar.com/ I have not been able to but I will. Nothing against Briar Patch its is my local B&M.

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
I certianly will. Looks close; but thier website is being persnicity.

think I can get a bobtail truck in the parking lot, or should I take a cab? Im think about renting a car, but am undecided.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks everyone - they are now on my list of shops to re-visit. My only gripe is that their Peterson pipes (which is what I am looking at) all seem to be $40 higher than their competitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.