PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
I've never heard of any NH pipe clubs. The closest would probably be our SHPC (Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club) and we hold our meetings outside of Boston now which would be quite a ride.

My nephew is a Fireman in Londonderry and also Canterbury where he resides. Beautiful rural towns.

SteveNH

Lurker
May 14, 2013
Federal Cigar in Portsmouth has started up a pipe club. We have met a few times already and the next meeting is August 5th at 7 pm. This is a friendly group that gets together for an hour or so to share some blends. All are welcome. Talk to Gary at Federal Cigar if you want more information.

SteveNH

Lurker
May 14, 2013
Update - The meeting has been changed to Tuesday, August 6th at 7 pm at Federal Cigar in Portsmouth.

SteveNH

Lurker
May 14, 2013
Just had the Portsmouth Pipe Club meeting on Tuesday August 6th. Very well attended with some very interesting people. The big hit was an older gentleman that had some handmade pipes and UK tobacco. Santi shared his pipe knowledge and I ended up with a few Condor flakes to try. By the looks of it, there is a lot of interest in pipes and tobacco. Bob's Chocolate Flake, Kendall Cream and Condor made the rounds in my pipe. Too many other's to list. I shared the GL Pease Ashbury, which was a big hit with the serious members. Now to look for that PAD poker style pipe!

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Never got the newsletter from Federal after sending my email and of course did not know if there was a meting in Sept. Will there be one this Tuesday coming? I very much would love to come to another I really enjoyed the August meet. Regards..........

banjo

SteveNH

Lurker
May 14, 2013
Hi banjo,
We met on Tuesday, Sept. 17, 7 PM at Federal. Sorry you didn't know the date/time. If you email Greg Franklin at gregory.franklin@comcast.net, he will put you on the email list.
It was a good meeting of 10 or so diehards. Some very interesting beverages made their way around to me.
I will also post the date/time here as soon as I find out. My guess is that it will be in a week or two from now.
pipetradition

SteveNH

Lurker
May 14, 2013
It has been proposed that the next Portsmouth Pipe Club meeting is Tuesday, October 15 at 7 pm at Federal Cigar in Portsmouth, NH.
If it changes I will be sure to repost.

SteveNH

Lurker
May 14, 2013
Well, like the weather in New England, if you don't like it, wait and it will change. They are moving the get together from this Tuesday to some time next week. Stay tuned for the final outcome.

SteveNH

Lurker
May 14, 2013
Attended another great Pipe Club meeting in Portsmouth tonight. Great bunch of guys got together at the Federal Cigar shop on Ladd Street in Portsmouth. Bango (aka Sante brought a fine selection of pipes to demonstrate the various types he has collected over the years. I had Hobbits Weed from Chris and its another winner for me to add to my cellar. I shared the various selections I still had left over from MikeInMaine, with Stone Haven the popular choice. Finally got Old Dark Fired flake burning in my bulldog, thanks to the pipe filling expertise of Sante. The Christmas get together may be very interesting.

SteveNH

Lurker
May 14, 2013
Well, the Christmas get together will happen on December 17th at Federal Cigar in Portsmouth, NH at 6:30 pm. We are hoping to get enough attendees to buy a pipe and raffle it off during the get together. It may be an interesting meeting, having our biggest support head to Florida for a little Rest and Relaxation. Greg should be back in a few weeks, but he is leaving us in good hands.
We may be trading some tobacco if there is any interest, so bring some samples if you are interested.
Merry Christmas 2013

SteveNH

Lurker
May 14, 2013
Another get together at Federal Cigar in Portsmouth happening this evening. It may be a snowy night, but some are expected to brave it for another relaxing evening with Pipe Smokers. There is talk of a field trip to L.J. Perreti's in Boston in the mix, so some heavy planning may take place. Enjoying the pipe and tobacco.

SteveNH

Lurker
May 14, 2013
March 11th at 7 pm, Portsmouth Pipe Club meeting at Federal Cigar in Portsmouth, NH. The last few months we have had snow on the day of the meeting, so a low turnout. Looking to turn the corner to spring with tomorrow's meeting. Weather is in the 50's F, from below 30 F for the last two months.

SteveNH

Lurker
May 14, 2013
Well, a little late in reporting the latest pipe club meeting. We met on April 8th at Federal Cigar in Portsmouth, NH. Greg hosted again and we had about 8 people. I tried GL Pease Gaslight. Awesome brownie, cut thin and rubbed out. The bowl lasted an hour. Finished up with Mac Baren Vanilla Cream for the ride home. Great relaxing time after a long day. Till next month.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I'm in NH also and go to Portsmouth all the time. Going there this weekend, in fact. I will pop in to Federal Cigar and get on their mailing list. I hope to attend a meeting soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.