PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
Received in today's mail this pretty work pipe. Markings are; Verona, Arcobaleno, Italy 306, Mauro Armellinl. Finished cleaning it and to the workshop to give it a test run. The bowl has some finish missing and darking, I'm guessing from torch type lighter and there is no caking nor has the bowl been reamed. Stem has a reddish brown look, almost a marbling effect. Looks smoked at, but not really smoked. If that makes any sense!

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I've got a Verona too and it's a great pipe. I believe they were made by Armellini for Tinderbox to sell in their stores. I think they and all Armelllini pipes are a bit underrated and are a great value pipe for the money. I've seen quite a few, an never saw a fill in one. Not saying it can't happen, but the quality seems to be on the high side.
It's a good looking pipe, and I hope you find it to be a good smoker!

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
I just took another look at this one, not one bit of fill. I have a couple shop pipes that if the fill all fell out it would look like a vegetable strainer. I smoked this while installing some soft close cabinet hinges, didn't get in the way of the drill press. Need to build up a cake in the bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.