PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Some of of you may remember some time ago I found and bought a 1926 Double patent 120 shape Dunhill for $10.

I did end up selling it to a collector and was a bit sad, but needed the money. Like most I considered this a rare thing and figured it would never happen again, until yesterday.
The wife and I visited the antique shop where I seem to do well. And I was not disappointed. I once again stumbled on a rare Dunhill find. And for the princely sum of $10
This one a 1927 59/4 Shell Billiard. Oh that lovely craggy blast.

a bit of cleaning....

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Interesting enough it had the aluminum patented inner tube. Due to that the inside of the stem and shank were very clean. I doubt I will use it, but neat to have. I did have a bit of restoring on this one as the bottom of the bowl was missing a chunk. I made up some job weld and pipe mud. Good as new. Inaugural smoke tomorrow.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Voorhees, I am in awe at your good fortune. My best find to date has been a London Made Peterson's Killarney, and for that I paid $12. :worship:

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Thanks guys.
papipeguy, the stem was in excellent shape. However after cleaning the already faint reg # was pretty much gone.
Nate, its a random thing in reality. I just stay on the hunt.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Good on you, Jason!
That's a beautiful pipe.
Any chance of a before and after on the chunk you repaired?
Truly happy for you, pal.
Fnord

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I do fnord.
I outlined the dug out spots. I assume the owner used a pointed blade to ream the cake. Pipe cleaner shows the draft hole and the hole below.

I mixed pipe ash and jb weld. I inserted the inner tube a bit so you can see the finished bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.