PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
I just picked up this Yello Bole for $.99 plus $5 shipping. I figure for $6 why not see what happens. I've not yet smoked a pipe with a stinger. In my excitement over my other pipe find today I forgot all about this one.

$_0.JPG

$_0.JPG
$_0.JPG

$_0.JPG

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
Got it in the mail today. The seller was kind enough to include a pipe nail with it, so extra score. It's in great condition with not a mark on it. I pulled the stinger/shovel bit out as I've never smoked one with one. I didn't like the idea of not being able to pass a cleaner through and I checked and don't have any small enough either. Smoked this tonight with a nice full bowl of NC. It has a nice draw but I felt like it heated up a little too much. I'm not sure if this was my fault or the pipes but all in all it will have a place in my rotation.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Is that a Yello-Bole "Checker"? I've got my second one sitting here in front of me awaiting refurbishing. I think you'll enjoy yours a lot.
The scoop or stinger comes out easily for cleaning and I find it does provide for a cooler/drier smoke when in use with no impact on draw. It also keeps ash and tobacco particles from coming up the stem. I hate it when that happens.

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
Told it is a yello bole checker. I'll have to give it a try with the stinger in.

Status
Not open for further replies.