PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Visited Luis Castaño's website where his display of Olivewood pipes is unbelievable, especially at 30 euros each and shipping to the US is 15 euros making the total cost come to $49.11. Pretty difficult to get a handmade pipe of any wood made at that price so I couldn't walk away w/o one so I nabbed this Billiard.

banjo
62225cd4615e0e3d29cd9a7911869bfb80a54bc.jpeg

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Great deal on a nice looking pipe Banjo !! I love the colors and grain in Olive.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Amazing deal for a new pipe. How does olive wood smoke compared to briar? Do you even notice a difference? People seem to put briar ahead of every wood, I don't know if it's just because that's what they've been told is the best, or if it's actually the best.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Andy,

Olivewood is not as hard as briar, they can impart some olive oil flavor initially depending on how old the wood is, Luis ages his 8 years so I am looking forward to seeing if breaking it in is diffent than those I have already. I tend to break them in like a cob initially giving the bowl the chance to carbonize to my liking then I just smoke it normally, I have one dense walled rusticated Dublin type by John Barrett aka rekemepip that smokes like nobodies business, I really like the looks, how light they are and how well they smoke, cheers.

banjo

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
Beautiful grain, great price. Can you give the name of his site. I would love to add another olive to go with my Spanu. Let us know how it breaks in.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Jeeze, fish', now you're down in my price territory. That's a beauty. The grain looks like tiger stripes.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
mso489,

Not all my pipes cost an arm and a leg, it's guys like Luis who fly under the radar that give you the chance to get in before his work gets noticed and they become more sought after so the prices go up.

banjo

Status
Not open for further replies.