PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I've been wanting one of these Nording ducks since the first time I laid eyes on one. They're not common, but every once in a while one might pop up on Ebay. This one however didn't make it on Ebay. A Facebook friend offered it to me for a great price after I had commented on it in the background of one of his photos. At the time, I was broke, and he held it for me. A crazy first of the year, with the loss of my father and things made me forget all about it. Until a few weeks ago, he reminded me he was still holding it for me... no rush, mind you. He just wanted to remind me it was still on the table and he hadn't offered it to anyone else or intended to. I, again, was broke at the time after spending about 500 dollars on a pipe and some tobacco (I never rarely spend that kind of money all at once, but I did) so I told him I was still interested in it, but apologized for forgetting and told him if anyone else was interested, then by all means let them have it. He told me he wasn't making the offer to anyone else and wanted it to be me that got it so he was continuing to hold it for me. So finally, a few days ago, I was able to make the purchase, and it arrived today. It's certainly a neat little pipe, and a fun addition to my Nording collection.
33990832_10216729304811359_1561729836303515648_n.jpg

artificialme

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2018
Searched nording duck pipe in google and I found that fishnbanjo posted one of those 10 months ago. Look fun to smoke in public. Hahaha :mrgreen:

Jan 8, 2013
Look fun to smoke in public. Hahaha :mrgreen:
It's a perfect on the go pipe, actually. I was surprised at how small the pipe is considering the size of most of my Nordings (quite large). It would fit easily into a pocket, and the short stem would be difficult to break I think. The size of the chamber would make for a shorter smoke as well. The pipe is quite compact.
people actually smoke Dunhills in public. That one amazes me
:rofl:

artificialme

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2018
Not to mention people actually smoke Dunhills in public. That one amazes me
:mrgreen:. A private closet with no air vent then. To avoid public curiosity :D
It's a perfect on the go pipe, actually. I was surprised at how small the pipe is considering the size of most of my Nordings (quite large). It would fit easily into a pocket, and the short stem would be difficult to break I think. The size of the chamber would make for a shorter smoke as well. The pipe is quite compact
That must be nice. A quick smoke for a quick nicotine fix is a blessing :D

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a visual acuity test. People who can spot it as a duck head while it is being smoked upside down score high. Looks like an awkward balance and a hard bit to hold, but it sure is an interesting looker. I love my more ordinary Nordings, just great durable handy pipes.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
That is definitely one off-the-wall pipe. Strange thing is, y'all're right -- it has *some*thing that draws you to it. Not one I'd choose, but a lot of people don't like *my* choices either. Go it, AR!

Status
Not open for further replies.