PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chewy

Lurker
Dec 18, 2018
Hi guys. Lurked for about the past 6 months and decided to join. I used to smoke e-cigs (almost constantly) and cigars occasionally then moved to cigars exclusively. About 6 months ago the other half gave the green light for pipes. I already have about 30lbs of tobacco and 20 pipes. This is why I don't get the green light often.

chewy

Lurker
Dec 18, 2018
Thank you everyone for the welcomes! I wish I was able to ask for pipe/tobacco recommendations but even left to my own devices I end up with way to much. I am afraid that recommendations will only add to my clinically diagnosable case of TAD and PAD.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Hiya from Piedmont SC, chewy! Glad to have you here! Since you've got a good "loading dose," tell us a little more about your favorites, both leaf- & pipe-wise!
Bill

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
Welcome! Sounds like you are your way to a bedecked cellar already. I'm a little over a year in and too have a silly amount of tobacco stashed away.
What's your favorite smoker?

economistandfisherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2018
What's your favorite smoker?
This is my favorite...
bayou-36-heavy-steel-smoker-grill-with-firebox-model-500-436-53.jpg

:rofl:
Welcome aboard by the way...

chewy

Lurker
Dec 18, 2018
Bnichols, my favorite pipe currently is only labeled "Ye Ole Pipe Shop" "Importrd Briar Italy". I couldn't find any information about it. I also have a Stanwell Christmas 2013 I have only smoked once but it smoked well, a Mimmo Provenzano poker I have yet to smoke, in the mail currently is a handmade with a mark I do not recognize - maybe someone can help when I get it. Other than those are a hanfull of cobs, a few Dr. Gabro, and a few other production brands that slip my mind. I received today in the mail a gourd Calabash but the bowl shattered into pieces when I tried to remove it, it was old clay I believe. It was used and appeared to not have been cleaned, well ever. I will give it a good cleaning and maybe shop for a replacement bowl.
As far as tobacco I enjoy Hearth and Home summer harvest and anniversary kake, PS bullseye flake, newminster English Oriental to name a few.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Stanwell Christmas 2013 I have only smoked once but it smoked well
Absolutely no surprise. :) Stanwells, like Nordings & Savinellis, have an almost impeccable reputation, & dang well-earned. Never heard a bad word about Stanwell in all my years.
Good choices on the tobacco, too. Just sorry to hear about the calabash. :(:( It *is* one of the (thankfully!) uncommon potential downsides of the type. A lot of pipers, regardless of whatever types they currently smoke, will have at least one calabash at some point (I had two). Luck to you on fixing her up!
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.