PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
After my great experience with my new Mr Brog #33 Boxer, I decided to buy another - this time an Amigo #51 in the rusticated finish.
Although I used the same tobacco (MacBaren's Vanilla Cream loose cut) as in the Boxer, this was a completely different smoke - not bad, just different. Not so much notes of pearwood in either taste or aroma, but, for the first time ever, I had a strong taste of the honey I used to coat the inside of the bowl. (I coat all new pipes with a thick, semi-crytallised honey to help build an initial cake.) The reason, I suspect, is that this pipe smokes HOT, and the honey was apparently vapourising. So, if you get this pipe, draw SLOWLY.
idgi2x.jpg

It's got a nice-sized bowl, and gave me a good hour of smoking enjoyment (I lost track as the nicotine hit started to build.) It's available in various finishes (ebony sandblast, natural, natural top, sandblast, & what I got, walnut rusticated, and sells for $27.99 through Amazon.
By the way, does anyone know where the pearwood root comes from? Thinking of our native pear trees here in the Pacific NW, I can't imagine roots big enough to produce pipes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nice looking pipe, too. Once you get a cake going, it's going to be quite a smoker, I think. Pear wood

may be as accepted a briar if Mr. Brog keeps selling his pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.