PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I know there were people who were disappointed when Angler's Dream was discontinued, but I see it's back in stock at P&C, and sold in bulk only. Thought I'd spread the word for those who are interested.

Reactions: BROBS

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Update: seems the page and ordering availability for AD was a little premature, so they disabled the page until June 29th. Anybody who ordered it already will get their order. Sorry for jumping the gun, but I was excited to see it back, and wanted to spread the word as quickly as possible. Mea Culpa.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Hey Duane- Since you don't do business with P&C, how are you going to get ahold of Angler's Dream?

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Don't know, but I'd like to try it, because I love an old-school burley blend. I hope the Va content is low, though; lately even the mild Va's like OGS have been biting me a bit.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I can't quite equate it with anything else because most OTC style blends don't use red Virginia or have a light cinnamon topping. Here's my review if it will help:
The toasted burleys offer some, uh, toast, some nuttiness along with a few minor molasses notes, and a bare hint of sour. The red Virginia has a mild tangy dark fruit sweetness, and a touch of earth in the background. The unsweetened black cavendish provides a little brown sugar that underscores the blend. I also taste light honey, and the cinnamon adds a slight, tasty spice. The nic-hit is mild. Though some prefer it dry, I do recommend you hydrate it first because it's packed very dry, and the flavors are more obvious when moistened a little. It's also slow the burn rate a mite, though you won't experience any harshness, nor will it bite. Mildly complex, it burns at a moderate pace, cool and clean with no tongue bite, and an extremely pleasant, consistent taste. Requires few relights and leaves barely any dampness in the bowl. Has a great room note, and a pleasant after taste. An easy going all day smoke.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
My fault, Bluegrass. I didn't know I was jumping the gun when I made the post. That's what exuberance and anticipation will do when you're in a hurry. I also knew Chasing Embers was waiting for the day he could have Anglers Dream again, too.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
What does it smoke/taste like? Any similars?
Nothing I've come across. Was actually debating offering a bag of Penzance for an unopened tub prior to this announcement.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I knew you've been eager for it, CE, but not to that extent. Wow! Had you in mind when I heard the news.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Just made an order to take advantage of P&C 20% off 48 hour sale. It let me buy 8 ounces so we'll see if it shows up right away.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I knew you've been eager for it, CE, but not to that extent. Wow! Had you in mind when I heard the news.
Yep, one of my favorites. One of my Weaver pipes has been used exclusively for Angler's Dream since I first received it.

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
I don't even see it on their website.. That's ok Jim, I will keep a watch out for that date.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
So there isn't a bait scent topping? Or something reminiscent of the aroma of the inside of waders after a long day in the creek? How about just a bucket of minnows? Burley/Minnow is a good combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.