PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I just placed a decent order from 4Noggins and so now the wait begins. I have lots of other things to smoke but that doesn't mean I'm not eagerly anticipating the new arrival. This will have to be it until after Christmas I'm afraid, but I think somehow I'll manage.
14oz tub of Carter Hall

3 tins of SG Best Brown Flake

2oz of Sugar Barrel

2oz of Granger

2oz of Edward G Robinson
I've really been smoking a lot of the "Codger" blends lately and truly enjoying them so I'm really excited to try Sugar Barrel and EGR, I bought the Granger because I have a really nice vintage tin of that so I figured what the hell.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I will Kent, I'm not sure about the whole "Wellman Process" but I'll let you know for sure.

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
4Noggins is usually very fast, but it seems that you are north of the border and I expect that this causes some delays?
Like you I have a soft spot for codger blends and always have some around. CH is my favorite codger burley (and I'm smoking Roth's Wal-Hall right now), but my recollection is that Sugar Barrel is also pretty good. It's been a long time since I've had any. I've not had EGR so it might be time for me to order some Sugar Barrel and some EGR.
Enjoy.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Thanks guys, I've found myself to be smoking mostly Carter Hall as it just seems to scratch that itch for me when I want to have a bowl. However, I love the changeup of a nice flake like Best Brown Flake or Capstan or Three Nuns (I know not a flake per se). I think its the simple tobacco taste, the nice aroma that reminds me of my grandfathers when I smoke it. I have a feeling based on reviews that I'm really going to like the Sugar Barrel and EGR. I'll post up a semi-review when I get the order in a week or so.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I love Sugar Barrel, great on it's own or as a mixer. I'll be ordering a tub soon...

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I have found a way to alleviate the wait!!!

Place more orders :) That'll skratch the itch a little haha

jkenp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
NW Indiana
Patience is a virtue I WANT IT NOW!!!!
When you start to grow hair in other places, you will learn patience. I have gone through that and the other places are now ears and eyebrows. Never did work like it was suppose to either.

Status
Not open for further replies.