PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
My birthday was pretty awesome. Thanks to my wife I have a new Peterson pipe and a nice bottle of scotch to enjoy with it.

Last night while at my nephew's wedding my oldest brother, and only other pipe smoker I know hands me a gift bag. I could see his excitement at giving me this gift was palpable.

I should mention I don't get to spend nearly the time I would like with him and he is definitely someone I have always looked up to. When he found out I had taken up the briar he and I began to talk a bit more often and he gifted me a couple of jars of his tobacco stash and a nice Stanwell pipe.
I opened the bag to find he had given me one of his Dunhill pipes, a tin of ten year old Penzance and a tin of Frog Morton that is probably as old.

He gave me a hug and told me I was his favorite brother. I could not have felt more honored than I did at that moment.
10658568304_40e6fe536f.jpg
[/url][/img]
10658568394_cd2db40f0f.jpg
[/url][/img]

andypandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2013
Oslo, Norway
Warren stole the words right out of my mouth. You are truly blessed with such a caring and wonderful wife and family.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Congratulations, twice over, on your wonderful family who clearly had you in their hearts when they thought about you and your birthday.
Enjoy the lot!
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.