PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I have been smoking C&D Night Train for 5 months now and it has become one of my favorites. I started getting low so I ordered a half pound from P&C. It got to me in 2 days. This morning I packed a bowl of the new batch and it's just not the same. In fact it is bad. To make sure it wasn't my imagination I packed bowl of my old Night Train and it was as good as always. So my question is would I be out of line if I asked to send it back? I seriously can't imagine smoking a half pound of this new stuff. THIS SUCKS :evil:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
C&D encourages customer contact, so I would probably inquire with them.

Tel: (800) 433-0080 (US and Canada)

Tel: (828) 433-0080

FAX: (828) 433-1083

E-mail: cnd@hci.net or craig@cornellanddiehl.com

Mail: P.O. Box 475 Morganton NC, 28680

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I know Chris at C&D from buying leaf from him from my side projects. I actually wrote P&C to see what they had to say first. I came at them very friendly saying I know it is not their fault and thanking them for speedy delivery. I just want to give the tobacco back and get my money back. I'm really depressed about it because I really enjoyed my first batch of Night Train. This is just a messed up deal. I can't win.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Age it. There's nothing they can do with it if you send it back.
Or, trade it in the forums.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Just wanted to give P&C a shout out for good service. I had emailed them at the same time that I emailed C&D and Sara got right back with me and was eager to resolve the matter for me. I explained to her that Chris at C&D had already taken care of it and thanked her. P&C is also a class act. I use them only for all my PAD and TAD purchases.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
This brings up an interesting point, though: What if you were smoking Night Train for the very first time? As far as I'm aware, there's no way to know if you actually got Night Train -- or a different tobacco entirely.
I know that a few years ago there was a tinning problem at C&D with Yale Mixture; tins labeled "Yale Mixture" actually contained a different blend. But unless you saw the news and could somehow identify your tin as being part of the problem batch, you'd just smoke it . . . and have a completely wrong idea of what Yale Mixture actually is.
Bob

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I don't know of a tobacco company that wouldn't take it back, they want people to not be afraid to place those large orders and anyone willing to buy that much tobacco at one time must be taken good care of because chances are they will continue to do so for quite some time, most retailers know this and act accordingly. Some tiny shops may not though, always good to ask about return policies before placing large orders.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I am very happy to hear your situation got resolved. Does your new in taste like your old night train?

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I'm certain that I got Night Train. The smell is dead on. Night Train is a crumble cake. The first batch that I got was hard as a rock and full of flavor. The batch I just got was spongy and bland. It may not sell a lot and perhaps was stored to long, or exposed to moisture or something. Maybe the first batch of Night Train I got was different and I don't like the normal mixture. lol IDK... I do hope that the new batch is at least close to the first batch I have because that stuff is stellar smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.