PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Anyone ever smoke this baccy? I just picked it up as I couldn't resist at $1.45 an oz.
2013-02-06113306_zpse03ecbd6.jpg

Edit: Fixed your pic code for you, L.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Some quick research reveals it comes in various flavors.
American Club Pipe Tobacco

Classic - Light - Menthol - Cherry - Vanilla
With the Menthol mention, it seems to me it may be RYO tobacco relabeled as pipe tobacco. The only retailers I could find selling it online were Indian tobacco retailers and I couldn't find anything describing the types of tobaccos used.
Have you opened it yet? What does the actual tobacco look like?

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
It says Original. Therefore it must be pipe tobacco. :rofl:
Haha. I hope it doesn't hurt your pipes. Be careful!

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Well I have wasted a buck and a half an worst things I guess. Very dry and crispy in the pouch and no aroma really. Burns up fast and tastes like a$$. (or at least what I would think a$$ would taste like) :rofl:

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
These "Pipe Tobaccos" that are really RYO cig tobacco (to skirt high taxes) are the future of legitimate pipe tobacco, I fear. Once the FDA regulates and bans all "chacterizing flavors" such as vanilla, chocolate, licorice, etc. plain, bland, un-flavored tobacco is all that will be left. If you smoke cigarettes today you'll know what I mean. A Marlboro tastes like a Camel tastes like a Pall Mall. Virtually no difference between them any more because of FDA flavoring bans. I'm afraid pipe tobacco will suffer the same fate.
Stock up on your favorites now before the regulations begin, which will be sooner, rather than later.
CACooper

Status
Not open for further replies.