PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Just got this billiard less than a week after ordering it from the Danish Pipe Store. I was so amazed at the workmanship and artistry that I just had to show it off!

img_0630-600x303.jpg

img_0631-600x319.jpg

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Very cool Sparrowhawk. What/who is the brand or carver? Also interested in what that vendor is like to deal with.
Edit: Nording of course, forgot the post title as I was typing

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
The Danish Pipe Shop was great to deal with. And they delivered this billiard in less than a week! I'm still waiting for US orders I made the same day. The Shop has a remarkable selection of Nording pipes, not to mention other Danish pipes; you could easily go broke buying pipes from them.

These are sort of like his cheap production pipes. I really like them a lot. It has a nice feel to it as you clench. I picked up a few of the 100 series also, but I don't recommend them. You can't tell from the pictures online, but they look like a smoldering hunk of doo doo as you smoke it, lOL.
Edit - This is the pipe pictured with me lighting it in my avatar.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Well, that sounds kinda cool, even though they list it as part of their new "Numbers" line. Oh well.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
You'll be expected to give us a full report on the show and your conversation with Mr. Nording, you know. :lol:

Jan 8, 2013
Very cool, Sparrow. As I don't really care for straights (although I do smoke one lent me by Fnord that I like a lot lol) and I don't really care for rusticated pipes either, I can't help but like the look of that Nording. It has the look of lava flowing over volcanic rock. Super cool.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
That's exactly, no kidding, the analogy I thought of when I saw this billiard, kind of a primal volcanic image.

@blueeyedogre, check out his bulldogs in that line. I have the 101 and 501 in the Valhalla line, and both are amazing smokers, very affordable. They cake up very fast. I am going to have to ask Nording about what he does to the chambers, because I had cake after burning just two bowls of Virginia in them. You can practically just light them and set them down, and they'll burn to fine ash without having to touch them. And, the aroma of the briar is that of very aged fine briar, similar to what I get in unsmoked antique estate pipes. I give these products duo thumbs up.
Congrats again, brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.