PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
This is an 'ok' tobacco. I find it very similar to MacB's 7 Seas Royal but with a little more of the one end of flavor I can't quite place. It's upfront flavor is similar to the Royal's after taste in a way.

It also seemed like this came from the bottom of the barrel shall I say. Very small pieces it looks like it was scraped out of the corners it so beat up and tore appart. Alot of small dusty crumbs and this stuff is SO wet! I have had it drying for almost an hour and its still damp feeling and clumps together quite a bit still.
This would be a good everyday smoke for someone who likes smoking tobacco soup. I've had three bowls and they all soak my pipe no matter how slow I smoke and it spits and sizzles in the bowl even when taking small sips or slow puffs.

It does have some good qualities. It has lots of sweetness to it. Alot of brown sugar taste, and it smells really nice. My wife actually said she liked the smell of it more than any other I've smoked and she doesn't like the smell of the pipe all that much. It is a mild smoke. I would smoke this for the first pipe of the day with a strong coffee for some contrast. Maybe a glass of cool tea on a hot day.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I haven't tried 1M, but several other Altadis tobaccos have proved quite good, and I haven't had the goopy

problem some others report. Their black cavendish, Balkan II, and golden and black cavendish are all real good.

I've just cleaned out the pipe in the usual way -- scoop ash, blow out loose tobacco and ash, wipe out

bowl, and pipe cleaner stem. I admit that the cavendish produces more liquid than other tobaccos, but

that's true of other cavendish including those at a higher price point. I think their golden and

black cavendish is an especially good tobacco at an excellent price.
Some blends do seem a tad "thrown together." I'm still getting the hang of Mac Baren's Navy Mixture.

It has some of the arbitrary character of some of my home blends. Smoking it in a filter pipe, which

I mostly don't use, seems to smooth it out a lot.

oldman

Lurker
Mar 23, 2013
Though I'm a novice, your flavor review of 1M seems right on the mark. I had it for the 1st time last week, & enjoyed it (mine wasn't soupy at all). I tried there Nougat today, & it was very dry & a quick, low flavor smoke...so for now, 1M & the CBW will be my top go-to blends.

Thanks for posting a review...was wondering if anyone else has tried something other than tin's or Lanes

Status
Not open for further replies.