PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
This would almost be funny if it weren't for the fact that $300 worth of tobacco is traveling the USA. I bought some baccy in NC. To be delivered to Indiana, well seems like my baccy wanted some fun in the sun an decided to go to Opa florida for a few days. So I called the usps to find out why. They said they had no idea why this happened. But was being shipped to Indiana that day. Not! My baccy must of gotten a taste for tex/mex, because as of 3pm Saturday it is in Albaqurque New Mexico. Can't wait to see what the usps has to say about this Monday.. Funny almost huh. NOT!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It's just doing things on its bucket list before it gets burned. Next up, surfing in Hawaii!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
You may never see that tobacco. I wonder? Does the shipper bear some responsibility? Was the shipper the vendor?

Is the tobacco shipment insured? How about pain and suffering?...well...suffering, anyway. Is there a Gnome involved?

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
All my orders from SP go to Florida first before heading north but sometimes tracking shows them arriving in Canada and then in Florida again, but delivered within a day or so.I don't have any faith wiith tracking on these orders. Other venders, it seems to work fine ?

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I order regularly from P&C. UPS picks up the package in PA, brings it to the sorting center in AZ, it is turned over to the post office, and they put it in my PO box. Pretty straightforward, right?
The one time I ordered from SmokingPipes.com (And this has nothing to do with them, I don't think), UPS picked up the package, brought it to the sorting center in AZ, suddenly decided "they couldn't deliver to a PO box", and opted to send my package to a random stranger at an address I have never lived at! How great is that customer service, huh?
The only way I found out this was going on was because the (fortunately honest) guy it was sent to CALLED ME ON THE PHONE! How did he do that? Why, because my phone number was printed clearly on the shipping label! That was apparently too much of an insurmountable mental hurdle for the blockheaded bastard at UPS to overcome, so instead of calling me for an alternate address to send the package to, they just decided to send it to an address where IT WAS NOT REQUESTED TO GO!
I knew where my package was, it was safe, and it was at least in the same town as me. Except for the Amazing Race! This is where you have to beat the big brown truck to the address where it was mis-delivered to, or UPS is going to pick it up and SEND IT BACK TO SOUTH CAROLINA, because that's the efficient thing to do when a package needs to be moved twelve miles! This was one of the more idiotic shitshows I have ever been involved in, believe you me! It got even worse when, just on principle, I contacted UPS customer service. I was told repeatedly that "UPS cannot deliver to a PO box" even though my P&C orders regularly miracle their asses into my PO box. Why was the package accepted by UPS in the first place, if they knew they couldn't deliver to a PO box? Why was the package sent to a random address? Why is no one at UPS capable of dialing a telephone? All of these things must remain mysteries. Out of all the non-explanations I received, my favorite was that the reason for not one individual in the gigantic machine of UPS using an ounce of thought was that their system is "centralized". I replied that so was the Soviet Union, and it didn't work worth a shit either. Oddly, I got no response.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
Ah man I've got my fingers crossed scrooge. That's stressful.
aldecaker what a picture of efficiency. Too damn centralized to have the independence to pick up a phone? Oh my, they've all turned into robots! :crazy:

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Aide
Sorry for your troubles but I loved reading the story..laughing out loud in the diner I'm in right now
I think many of us have experienced something like this somewhere down the line
Not sure-did u get the package?

jamesrsmithjr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 13, 2015
We don't call them brown clowns for nothing. I beleive residential service is much less profitable then their B2B and Logistics services, soooo...

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
She can't read an address, or dial a phone number; but I'm OK with that.

this_thread_delivers_ups_chick_amazon.jpg

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
No I haven't gotten my package yet. Still in Nwew Mexico I think. everything is closed on sundays. AN to tell the bad part of this story is this is my 1st transaction with this vendor. I won't say there name because I don't want anybody to get a bad impression of them until we see how they handle the situation. so far they have been very pollite an prompt about talking with me an tracking the crazy package. The worst part of the hole thing is that the package contains john aylesbury luxury flake, a lot of it. An cortez if she ends up being the one to deliver my box it would of all been worth the wait. thanks guys for listening..James

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Scrooge- It's hard to blame the vendor when the courier they hire drops the ball. They can only do just so much after the product leaves their premises. That's why I was sure to mention no blame whatsoever was attached to SmokingPipes.com; what turned into a jug-f**k of galactic proportions for me was no fault of theirs.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Since I'm not so sure on how the edit function works, I'll just post again. If there is still somewhere everything is closed on Sundays, I want to move there!

Status
Not open for further replies.