PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
Ever notice when you google anything pipe related it always leads back to PipesMagazine forum, no matter how random the topic?

I guess there's a reason the motto is The #1 source for pipes and pipe tobacco information.

bloodwood

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2014
Puyallup, WA
Hah, I figured only unlearned noobs like myself would take note.

Even a query including "remove, blood, stain, sheets, carpet, lawyer" brought me right back here.
Nice to see I'm in good company

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I'm fairly certain this happens because you frequent this forum. If you use a computer with a clean history and no cookies the search results will be different than were you on your regular computer. I've tested this using my laptop vs my iMac and I get very different search results using Google from each.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@cosmicfolklore. Tell me more about these 'dead hookers' you mention. Is this a subject that interests you? Have you been reading Steig Larsson novels recently? :rofl:

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
This board is the biggest and has the most activity of any board that I visit in the course of my travels, spreading 4noggins across the pipe world. The n00bs are downright insatiable, asking question after question, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that. I asked many questions at the start and was helped by many seniors. The pipe world is friendly.
Brothers of Briar, Christian Pipe Smokers and Pipesmokersunlimited are also big with a lot of activity, as is puff.com and smokers forums.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
The reason why pipesmagazine.com shows up first is because Kevin is actually a leading authority on SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and is (or at least was) hired as a consultant. So it stands to reason that he make sure his site is first in the results.
-Jason

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Jason: Surely some credit must be given to the members! After all were it not our predilection for discussing guns, trucks, sandwiches, dead hookers, lighters, psychology, UPS, USPS, FedEx, child rearing, surgical procedures, various "isms" (here thanks must be given to the mods and their even handedness), movies, a wide spectrum of books, booze, broads, I believe cryogenics has even slipped in, philosophy, Kant, Jung, the weather, all genres of music and song, and I don't know what else.
Indeed, only one subject hasn't appeared here that I know of. "How come nudists in the 50s and 60s didn't have genitals? Where they born that way? Morphed? How did they reproduce?" I asked those questions only once. Neither my mom nor my dad had a satisfactory answer. In fact their response had nothing at all to do with my initial inquiry.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
There is a Canadian band called the Headstones that did a song called "Cemetery". Here is a small part of the lyrics. lol

"I got a gal who lives on the wrong side of town

I know what I like and man you know I sure know how

It's the other side, another place

I like it there no accounting for taste

I can't think of nothing when I'm with her

But the rain and the wind and the cemetery dirt

Went down to the cemetery looking for love

Got there and my baby was buried

I had to dig her up"

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I know the net is designed to cater to the market, but it is not good that our particular online habits

get amplified and echoed back to us, as iamn8 has noted. Still, I think pipe related searches do steer

back to pipesmagazine just because it is more comprehensive than many or most other pipe sites. Maybe

also because members have better vocabularies and create more pipe subject matches. Maybe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The NSA is inundated with data. I think they mostly just want to know where they can buy

Condor in the U.S.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Mr. Goodbee is pictured below, lecturing on the science of SEO, PM, PBs (Pipe Babes), BBs (Brooks Brothers), and what it's like to be the CSO (Chief Smoking Officer) of an Internet empire. That, or he's leading a sing-along. Then again perhaps he's simply attempting to quell a crowd that has turned ugly...
kevin-godbee.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.