PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
This tobacco makes me want to shake my rump. This was my second bowl in my new Askwith which is smoking well right out of the gate. Chris was a pleasure to work with and the pipe is better than I had envisioned. The kake is a set of nice and dense 50 gram plugs and the tin is confidence inspiring. Sliced and rubbed well and was fairly close to smoking dry. I gave it about an hour regardless and it smoked well with only a few relights. The taste is really spectacular. I have heard people rave about Hans and I have to add to the chorus. It's hard to escape the cliches rich, dark and complex because it is. While the taste is it's own, like Gaslight, this blend is so much more than the sum of its parts and that aforementioned deep, dark richness is invitingly accessible . There is so much flavor and it's range is impressive. It had my attention from start to finish surprising me a few times along the way. The Latakia is prominent but with panache and never overpowering the other players. This pipe and blend are going to have a long history with one another.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
It sounds like an extraordinary marriage! :clap: Black Cavendish, Kentucky, Latakia, Virginia

Too bad we can't get HU blends here in the States. I gather that this comes in both cake and ribbon?

May 31, 2012
Great review,

that stuff sounds good.
Did you do a bank transfer for the HU transaction?
I really really dig that Askwith too!

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Oooo, very nice! I'll have to try some of that. Love the Askwith too! I have one of Chris's pipes and it's one of my favorite smokers.

davidas3

Lurker
Dec 14, 2014
Jerusalem, Israel
Handsome pipe! Enjoy it and the Fayyum Kake! I've just smoked my first few bowls and it's magnificent. I'll plagiarize myself from another thread, that, to my experience so far, each of Han Weidemann's tobaccos I've been fortunate to be able to order and smoke (Fayyum, Director's Cut, Dockworker and Edward G (sample)) grow on one at the same time one grows into them.
All best,
David

Status
Not open for further replies.