PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
A little while back, I commissioned Pipesmagazine.com's very own lonestar to make me a pipe. This was an odd commission, because I took the surprise me approach. I gave some very basic guideline's for this commission. Things like no tiny pipe, smooth finish, and with an accent piece. Other than that it was up to him and this is what he came up with:

As you can see it is a beautiful pipe. I am very excited to have this pipe. I love the fact it is pipe outside my comfort zone and yet it is perfect for me. Great job lonestar. You can check him out at Alden Pipes and at the upcoming Chicago Pipe Show.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
That's an awesome pipe! I have 2 Alden's and both are superb smokers. Need to get more before he gets too famous!!!!!

morton

Part of the Furniture Now
May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I got Ryan to make me a beautiful bent Dublin with almost perfect straight grain (one of the last shown in the gallery on his website) and almost immediately ordered another different pipe which I'm waiting for now. My only request was that the pipe be straight (as he had already made me a bent one) and that he let the briar decide how it came out. I can hardly wait and I'm sure that it will be as beautiful and smoke as well as the last one.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Absolutely stunning I really love the lines an that accent piece is so perfect. Perfect balance and flow. Somehow it reminds me of an old car and a modern yacht. Love it an hope it smokes fantastic for you! Great job Lonestar/Alden and great job DPK that pipe really suits your style.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Wow, Ryan just gets better and better. Really like your pipe, dpkrause -- very brave of you to just let him go to town. I'd say it worked out quite well -- stunning grain and very organic form. Really, really nice pipe.
Just to add to the Alden Pipes parade, I'm also looking forward to a pipe I commissioned a little while back. From what I've seen off Ryan's work, his pipes are very reasonably priced. Get 'em while you can.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Thanks Dan and everyone for the great comments. I've been locked in the shop trying to get ready for Chicago.

Mr. Tbradleysim, Morton and Pitchfork, I have all of your pipes on the bench in different stages of being complete. They are in a batch I'm trying to wrap up in the next two weeks.

If any of you will be at the Chicago Show let me know and I'll deliver them in person.

Dan your pipe should be there Monday, let us know how she smokes!

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Ryan, your work has definitely gone to the next level. Great pipe.
Guys, seriously... buy this guy's pipes NOW before he starts charging what he SHOULD.

gisboro

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2013
That is an amazing piece of craftsmanship, something to treasure for sure.

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
Absolutely AWESOME, I agree I like everything about that pipe. Congrats to both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.