PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
16427402_1233689450042068_3668102831173743112_n.jpg

I was so excited to have won this on eBay...then less excited to wait the *eight* weeks that it was held in Warsaw, Berlin customs. Roman even just went ahead and refunded my payment about 5 days before it arrived. I promptly, and happily, paid him back. He was amazing to deal with and I love the pipe. My first Calabash shape and it smokes better than expected.

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
Thank you. I have had my eye on House of Pipe for a while, but knew that one would really catch my eye. The tree bark rustication works well on this one, for me. I was very happy to have not lost the pipe to a customs worker.

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
Thank you. This was also my first non-normal-black-colored-stem. I usually go solid traditional with the pipes I like, but this one caught my fancy. Has a very outdoorsy look to it.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Beautiful piece. That was certainly worth the wait. I had a pipe sit in US Customs for 15 days last month so I understand your plight. Enjoy it.

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
Thanks, all!
There is little worse, when dealing specifically with mail service, than a missing package containing a one of a kind treat. I went through all of the emotions. :)

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
I have one almost just like that, the rustication reminds me of Elk horn. Smokes and feels great. Something must have been messed up with your order, got mine in about two weeks. Enjoy will serve you well.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Unfortunate you had the long wait but it sure is a handsome pipe. Enjoy. :puffy:

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
Congratulations, very nice pipe! Beautiful stem too. Also I love that stout you're flashing in your avatar!

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Not long ago, I bid on several Polinski pipes from the same place.... I lost the bids but was fascinated by stuff coming clear from Poland. Didn't realize the potential for "adventure"... very interesting! And I'll bet potentially maximally frustrating!!

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
Thanks all!
I have been watching the turnaround time from purchase to leaving positive feedback, for House of Pipes/Albin Pipes/Roman and have noticed that 95% of the pipes get where they need to rather quickly. My experience was just a case of bad luck. I am *very* glad to have this pipe in my possession!

Status
Not open for further replies.