PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
The blender lies a blatant lie with this one. The tin claims a half Latakia blend, which is for any Latakia fan like me is a dream. And sadly it isn't, so if that's your buying point, then stay away from this. However, this is not bad tobacco at all. On the contrary, I found it pleasurable from start to finish. When you first open the tin, you're welcomed by a lovely smell of Latakia and orientals. As if you walked into a place that sells incense. The cut is a thick ribbon and at the perfect moisture, at least in my case. It is quite easy to light and keep lit. I rarely had to relight this. It smokes consistently, dryly and burns down till the bottom. With your first few buffs you may find that it is not at all a heavy Latakia blend despite what C&D says. It has rich, dark virginia, complemented with spicy and woodsy orientals with an okay presence of Latakia. Definitely a complementary condiment rather than the star of the show as they claim. Nevertheless it's a pleasant blend that is enjoyable for any English lover. I found it to pair well with black coffee as well, and as for me its nicotine is mild to medium, but again this last part is subjective. I presume the flake will be better than this, and hopefully closer to their Latakia claim
Pipe Used: Peterson system ebony
Age When Smoked: Fresh tin
Purchased From: smokingpipes.com

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
I got a sample of this at the Chicago Pipe Show. I've tried it three or four times and this is this first English style blend I just don't like. I found it burned hot and harsh. I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I'm not finishing this baggie of baccy.

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Well. I think it's what you enjoy that matters. So if you're the only one that doesn't enjoy this. That's absolutely fine.

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
@thefishguy will do, I have a big wishlist, I'll make sure I add it

@craiginthecorn I know, it's okay..tobacco tastes are different.. so never apologise for yours

Status
Not open for further replies.