PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Just for a lark, I ordered some to see how bad it was. First bowl was very strange, but not unpleasant. Six bowls later, I have a pound of the stuff on the way. Currently smoking it it a straight MM Legend with a cup of licorice tea and some hard Italian licorice candy. BTW, I have always enjoyed black licorice candy ever since my grandfather introduced it to me when I was very little.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Good for you! I've never smoked the stuff so who am I to judge? Smoke what you like, like what you smoke...

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Christ... you sure must have some affinity for licorice! That's akin to smoking something like Two Friends English Chocolate while drinking hot chocolate and eating a Hershey bar. Also, how can you enjoy and define/taste, as it were, with M-79 while overloading your taste buds with other licorice candy and flavored tea. Either way... whatever floats your boat, and as previously alluded to, you'll never have to worry about obtaining more in the near future.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Considering how much you love stuff like ennerdale I'm not surprised. There's a reason it's been around for so long. Start plugging it like Deathmetal and Royal Yacht.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Also, how can you enjoy and define/taste, as it were, with M-79 while overloading your taste buds with other licorice candy and flavored tea.
Figured out the taste around the third bowl, and am tinkering with beverage and snack combos.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Christ... you sure must have some affinity for licorice! That's akin to smoking something like Two Friends English Chocolate while drinking hot chocolate and eating a Hershey bar.
Now, THIS actually sounds really good to me. :puffy:

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Come to think about, I've never in my life ate something while smoking a pipe, or for that matter, a cigar or cigarettes. Drinking something a definite yes, but never eating or snacking as they just don't seem to go together.

Mar 1, 2014
MIxture 79 is a great aromatic. I might suggest putting it in jars to help keep the flavor though, at least I think it's better fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.