PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Every time I see the trailer I cringe and get a bit sick... and get the expression I'd likely make were I to smoke a bowl of pina colada flavored perique tobacco. Which executive made this call? I want his head!

Jan 8, 2013
It's hard for me to understand too. I just have a hard time seeing him as Batman. But I guess we'll see. I won't knock it too much until I see it. I've been a Batman fan all my life. He better not screw this up.

xrundog

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2014
Ames, IA
Go back and watch some of the 1940s Batman serials. They are awful. And hilarious! Affleck will be the best Batman ever by comparison.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I've seen them all and only like Dark Knight trilogy. In my opinion, best movies ever made.
The old serial tv show... watching it now is one of the most hilarious thing I can imagine! Loved it back in the day, but now it's indescribable.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
There are a lot of wet seats over this one at Warners. The original script was, apparently, crap. It went through a rewrite and didn't improve. Affleck then rewrote the revised script.
The movie has cost a reported $500,000,000 to make. It will need to make a cool billion to break even.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Adam West was the best Batman. George Reeves (not to be confused with Christopher Reeve, no "s") was the best Superman. Julie Newmar was the best Catwoman. Basil Rathbone was the best Sherlock Holmes. Warner Oland was the best Charlie Chan. And Curly was the best third stooge. Full stop, end of story.

Mar 1, 2014
Affleck might not be quite gravelly enough to be a natural Batman, but he's 6'2" and probably has the best chin for the job in Hollywood. I think he's got a better chance of doing the role justice than anyone who has come before.
Someone needs to search through all the college football try-outs every year and find someone who sounds like Kevin Conroy.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Dark Knight Trilogy is as good as it gets. I won't spend a dime to see a hack like Affleck play such an

iconic role.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0h3Y4QFAAE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbRC9GRc5ww

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
The inclusion of Aflac as batman made it go from a movie I would likely see on opening weekend to a movie that i might rent if I get around to it.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I liked the Dark Knight series, but my all time favorite was Batman Returns by Tim Burton. But then I like most of what Tim Burton does. Danny DeVito as the Penguin was great, and no offense to Julie Newmar, who was hot, but Michelle Pfeiffer was the funniest, sexiest Catwoman ever! I never saw Michael Keaton as being a good Batman, but he seemed to pull it off just fine. Not sure what to think about Affleck playing the part. Time will tell...

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I dismissed him when he appeared in Finding Your Roots on PBS and found out some long,long,long relative was a slave owner. He tried to get the shows founder to scrub that out of his Genealogy. What a creep. Batman he is not , Creep he is.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Jeremy Brett was the best Holmes. Rathbone was nothing like the character Doyle created. I would put Cumberbatch and Downey ahead of Rathbone.
As for Afleck as Batman, I'll just say I'm very scared for the Batman franchise.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I don't like Afflak as an actor. I wish him luck, but Marvel has done wonderfully so far and frankly we don't need DC in the movie business because of Marvel's success. DC has had so many chances to do Wonder Woman and other characters justice but they haven't. I saw a pilot for a WW television series with Adrianne Palicki as the lead. They tweaked the franchise so horribly it was unrecognizable. She currently plays Bobbi in Agents of Shield and is a complete bad ass and fantastic. DC execs just don't get it. Its really simple. Do a decent origin story faithful to the original comic with good talent both behind and in front of the camera. Then build on it from there. I saw the original Superman series with George Reeves when I was a kid, and he seemed good when he wasn't drunk. Now it's just campy. Christopher Reeve did OK with bad scripts and mediocre co-stars. I didn't like the Directing. Julie Newmar was a great Catwoman and Eartha Kitt did an excellent job as well. My expectations of Affleck are so low, it's highly unlikely he will be as bad as I think. He can really only do better than I expect. Never watched Clooney or Kilmer past the first twenty minutes or so. Arnold as Mr Freeze and DeVito as the penguin were fun as hell. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.