New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get an account with photobucket or one of the other free photo storage sites.

Upload pictures to there,

and then copy the URL for the picture, which is the web address. Photobucket has a button that lets you automatically save the URL.

Then go to the IMG button above the post box that you are posting in. Click it, and paste the picture's URL: that you saved from the photo site that you chose.

Then, hit OK.

Then hit post.
I hope that helps.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Here's a bit more detail:
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Photobucket; Dropbox, etc.), or on virtually any site, select the full image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address) into the box that pops up under IMG in the compose reply window of the thread in which you want the photo to show. Bingo; now you've posted a photo directly!

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I struggled for ages before I got mine to post. The problem I had is that with an iPad, you need to set up account with photobucket. Upload photos from your library, then you need a photobucket 'app' apart from your account. I can only post photos from the app with my iPad. It also needs wi-fi to do it. It does seem like a lot of hassle, but it's worth it. As anyone who's seen my crappy photos will testify.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I'm using a Dell laptop. I managed to load a pic into my album in the account section. My problem is getting that pic into a post using explorer.
Thanks for the help.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Click on the thumbnail picture in your album then right click on it, click on properties and copy the address. In your reply click on IMG and paste the address in the box/space that appears. Clear as mud ? :mrgreen:

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
My attempts using recent instructions on the now closed sticky
Using IMG
Hungarian
Using URL

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
As you can see I can't get the desired effect. As I am located in Canada I cannot register with photobucket as they reject my postal code for having six digits as opposed to a 5 digit zip.
Help desperately needed!

downinit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2016
Dottie you need to right click on the photo in your album and then "copy image address".

Use this in the img tag as here:
szabo-baby-hungarian-dottie-warden.jpg

One of my photos...

from photobucket:
BigBen%20Mondial%20302_zpsoqjlbr20.jpg

from my pipesmagazine album:
bigben-mondial-302-600x450.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Add photos to the forum album, choose "View Image", copy the browser address, select "IMG" in the post box, delete the text that appears, paste the image address, and select "Send Post".
szabo-baby-hungarian-dottie-warden.jpg

Downinit - Umm, as he said, he is using an ipad. The only things that you can "right-click" with are pc's. Apples and the rest do not have two mouse buttons. Ipads and iphones don't have any mouses at all.

I know, I know, Apple is always lacking something that makes them as good as the rest of the computers. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.