PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
This seems to be my weekend for posting unusual pipes. :lol: The Knets, the Peterson's Giant, and now this.
Adam has been one of America's top carvers for quite a while. Though he only does it part time---his day job is the estate pipes acquisition & sales manager for Laudisi, a.k.a. Smokingpipes.com---it's a steady sort of part time. Meaning he's made quite a few pipes in total. Enough that collectors feel comfortable that he's in it for the long haul and worthy of specialized attention. ("...and these two racks are my Davidsons")
He's also notable in that he loves classics as much as spaceships, and more-or-less makes equal numbers of each.
This pipe is what I think of as a "conservatively executed wild design." The shape is out there, but the execution is solid as a rock and ever-so-detail minded.
Enjoy:
P1010271.jpg

P1010273.jpg

P1010286.jpg

P1010276.jpg

P1010278.jpg

P1010305.jpg

P1010307.jpg

P1010279.jpg

P1010304.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
If I hadn't already exhausted my pipe and tobacco budget for the year, I would love to have that one.

drydock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2016
That's a beautiful, light, leafy looking pipe! A work of art. I honestly don't think I could bring myself to smoke out of it--heresy!--but it's so lovely.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
That's a beautiful, light, leafy looking pipe! A work of art. I honestly don't think I could bring myself to smoke out of it--heresy!--but it's so lovely.
Indeed. :D
Adam is one of those artists that "follows his heart," not trends.
The difficulty of bringing his ideas to life is also not much of a consideration. For example, several years ago he taught himself metal spinning---an entirely separate skill from pipe making and NOTORIOUSLY difficult to do well---just so he could replicate an early Dunhill Shell prince shank cap. THAT is commitment.
Plus, he's a hell of a nice guy. :D
Check his stuff out if you haven't before now. He produces "Blue Chip" pipes. Guaranteed to be solid investments, both smoking-wise and monetarily, now and into the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.