Accidental Discovery of Amazing Flavor........

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

imagenthat

Lurker
Oct 17, 2013
first i would like to thank all of you for the recommendations for me when i contemplated giving up the pipe in search of more flavor. i have since discovered a technique that helped me tremendously (completely by accident i might add...lol) this may help out someone experiencing what i was going thru...i take a long slow sip, then just open slowly and not blow it out but just let it flow out on its own all while breathing in through my nose and since nasal passages and mouth are connected this causes the smoke to make a second pass across the taste buds and i suddenly discovered why you guys are so passionate about pipes. the flavor was amazing. not as strong or robust as the cigars i came from but well worth the time and effort i have put into it.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you're developing your own style and technique to enjoy your pipe smoking experience.

I, for one, don't understand why it matters if the topic is capitalized. In fact, I've never seen the list of rules. I guess I should try to find it.

Anyway, Enjoy Your Time Here.

imagenthat

Lurker
Oct 17, 2013
seriously? is this forum really so anal about such a tiny thing as capitalizing a word in the topic? i seriously came here in search of pipe smoking knowlege and in hopes of maybe meeting some folks in my area and or joining a club but if such reprimands are the norm here then perhaps i need to find the men's pipe forum at another site cause obviously this one is for little girls........

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Simmer down, just trying to make the clutter bearable here. I will say that a proper gentleman would try to ensure grammar, spelling, and etiquette are maintained. For those searching google to come across this page. How would you like it if you couldn't understand the answer to a problem you'd had because the person's typing made no sense?

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Actuallywehadsomelittlegirlsthatdon'tknowhowtospellorusepunctuationonhere,thuswehavesomerules. It isn't hard to captialize threads. Glad you are enjoying the pipe however and stuck with it, it is so very worth it. I haven't had a bowl yet today as I've been in meetings all day, but I'm going to have a nice little drive home smoke.

imagenthat

Lurker
Oct 17, 2013
i could totally understand if the grammar made no sense but its just a lower case letter...i apologize to all who could not understand what i was saying before...what i meant to say was "Accidental discovery of amazing flavor" hope the capital "A" helps you to understand what the topic was about...

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Let me say for the record that this is a very well maintained site and the Mods who volunteer their time do a great job of maintaining order. Not always easy, pipers tend to be an opinionated bunch. While you are most welcome here as a member, like all things there are rules to maintain order. There are not many, but if you prefer a forum with less little girls you may feel free to go else where. On another note though I believe had an Mod messaged you privately your reaction might have been less defensive. I have been in the same boat myself just ask pstpkr he was nice enough to get me up to speed. We look forward to your contributions if you decide to stay.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Oh yeah cool, but seriously, we aren't idiots. The difference between this site and others is that it is laid out well, it is organized, and easy to navigate. Punctuation and capitalization just help with the overall look of the place and it isn't that hard to do. If you hang around you will find that we have a great community here and everyone takes care of each other. I actually have been gifted multiple pipes and tobacco out of the generosity of peoples hearts. I've learned a lot and made some life long friends. Most of the guys are just trying to be helpful by mentioning the rules, but you will learn reams about smoking, tobacco, pipes, and a host of other things on here. Just try to be open minded, share your experiences, ask questions, and you will have a great experiences.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Hey there imagenthat.
Here is what I wrote in the duplicate thread that you may have inadvertently created when you posted this one.
Anything you do to expose the sensory receptors in your retro-nasal passage/chamber will enhance the taste/aroma of your tobacco and your pipe smoking experience. In fact without access to those receptors your brain is probably only going to detect sweet, sour, bitter and savoury, without the nuance of aromatics.
Congrats on your discovery, may it keep you puffing happily.
-- Pat
Generally, it's courteous to respect the requests of your host. Those requests, here, aren't actually requests they're listed as "Rules" in a thread called something odd like, "Read This Before Posting," or something similar. You may have seen threads like this in other online communities; they are fairly common. It shouldn't take you long to read that thread. Then you get to choose if you want to respect the requests of the site host and follow those rules.
There really is no call to get snarky. You may have felt like someone was crapping on you, which is too bad. But I think you'll find that this community is generally pretty friendly, with lots of thoughts, ideas, opinions and perspective around all things pipe related.
I hope that you'll find a way to take advantage of that without a few little rules to frustrate you to the point of leaving.
Cheers,
-- Pat

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Don't you want to at least seem a little educated by using capitalization? How hard is it to use the shift key? Seems like you're just looking for something to complain about.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
I'd just like to add that a comment made in print does not always come across the way it might if made in person. Also, sometimes it's just the way it's offered rather than the content that might upset you.
:puffy:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Gang, I just wanted to point out imagenthat's newest thread here: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/apologies
Thanks for your time.
-- Pat

namuna

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2013
To get back on topic, this evening's smoke for me was indeed that much better for paying more attention to savoring the smoke via the nasal passages.
Excellent call on this one imaginethat, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.