PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • My First Pipe - Paykoc Imports Straight Bulldog Meerschaum
  • My Second (And most favorite) - AKB Meerschaum Lattice Volcano
  • My third (My best, but too big bowl for me unfortunately) - Savinelli Silver 606 EX Bent Billiards
  • My fourth (And first estate purchase) - Van Roy Magic Cake - Straight Billiards - - Estimated to be from 1945
Four pipes in a month!

2017-06-03-163318-600x450.jpg

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
A nice starter rotation you got there, might I suggest picking up a few Cobs, no rotation is complete without em :puffpipe:

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Ah yes, and so it starts, your downward spiral into Pipe Addiction Disorder (PAD). But hey, it's a fun problem that most of us here share, and you have a great start. All your pipes look great to me, and I hope you enjoy smoking the heck out of them. Welcome aboard!

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
You are off to a fine start. Try some Falcons, too. They really are hard to beat at any price.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
An array of sizes is good. You'll see that the large pipe will find a place in your stable. A wide chamber can open out complex blends. You can fill it half or two-thirds full, and smoke it intermittently over a day. Small pipes likewise have good uses.

Thank you Orley... I plan to keep my collection 'small' so that I can smoke them 'regularly' and they should be 'interesting ' ! However small, regular and interesting are all relative terms and open to interpretation!

Thanks chasing embers - the volcano is indeed my favorite - and I am intrigued by Meerschaums.
Thanks buroak ... will try them!

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
img_00241-600x450.jpg

Excellent group of pipes, good advice by Pagan, get some cobs. I personally love the diplomat. I feel there is always room for a clay pipe I love "Old Dominion Pipe Company" they are in the USA. The VENUS Clay Pipe is the one I like. Great for a 20 minute short smoke, you have to run a piece is wire through from mouthpiece to smoking chamber occasionally as the draft hole is quite tight.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Great start! You could always trade the big Sav with somebody for something more your size. Or just keep it an have a great all dayer.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
That 606 is an awesome beast. Looks like it would be very useful for someone engaged in prolonged labor.
Hmm, I ended up on SmokingPipes again looking at Savinellis... how does this happen?

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Good start with the meers. They always smoke good, will not burn out, and very little ghosting. Meers are my pipe of choice 90% of the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.