PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Simon52014-vi.jpg

I had the good fortune yesterday to meet Simon (Condorlover1) and spend an evening of exceptional pipes, blends and conversation. We imbibed his secret Condor Blend, chatted about life, liberty and the pursuit of Nicotine, and then headed off for some very good Indian cuisine.
A wonderful evening. Thanks, Simon!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I am always floating around chum so do look me up - I was thinking of doing a pipe and scotch evening on the roof one of these days.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
"It's great that our hobby gathers so many people, regardless of the differences"
I'm not regardless of the differences amongst the friends that I choose. I seek out different people. And just ask anyone who has met me. The first thing that they will tell you..."well, he's....different"

May 31, 2012
The most interesting rooftop in the world,

with the most interesting CondorLover in the world?
Priceless.
:worship:

goodtimes

Dec 24, 2012
The bars on the bedroom window adds a certain something to the ambiance to NY living!
I got you. I would put bars on the windows if Woodsroad was coming to visit my place as well. Completely understandable.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
That is a killer rooftop pad! Sounds like you gents had a spledid time, glad to hear it. Is it IN New York City or what? I have never been to NY so i have no clue about its surroundings.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Peck, the bars did not deter me. I left Simon's place with half a bottle of wine, a pipe, some cigar furniture and half a pouch of Condor. He managed to wrestle free his silverware and a first edition of "Huck Finn", but I only gave them up because he asked nicely.
Fadingdaylight, I appreciate your desciption. You and my dear mother are in agreement, although she always say's "f'n special".

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
Looks like the place for a condor moment to me! Just as FRIENDS should have been, if you'll forgive my crass English stereotyping of New York.

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
You do not merely "visit" Condor. That stuff stays with you forever!! ;)

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
He is right. He got a pipe out of the deal! It has to beat my friend Andre eating amber stems and then looking at me blankly and assuming I can immediately fix the fact he has eaten a 100+ year old pipe stem!

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
As fadingdaylight said, it's really cool to hear about member link ups. Glad you two were able to share a briar.

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
I hate New York, small town southern boy, but I would come up for that! Looks like a great place for a nice smoke. If you are ever in New Mexico, let me know. We have some nice scenery here too.
image10-600x450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.