PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Earlier this week I was traveling in Michigan on business, and had the opportunity to visit the Maison Edwards Tobacconist in Ann Arbor. This is a delightful, small, and friendly shop located downtown at 11 Nicklels Arcade. They offer a fair variety of tinned tobaccos, as well as some intriguing genuine house blends of which I purchased two: No.28 (Arcadian) and No. 34 (Sherman's Blend), both aromatics. They also sell pipes, cigars, imported cigarettes, and, surprisingly, a considerable selection of men's wet-shaving products including soaps and creams, cologne, after-shave, razors, and blades.
Here is a link (Maison Edwards) to an article about this shop, and which appeared in the January 15, 2014 edition of "The Michigan Daily." If Maison Edwards Tobacconist has a Website I could not find it, but then to my way of thinking this is a good thing, for it forces you to actually go there and experience the place and its people for yourself. Give them a try!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That's a great article on Maison Edwards.

I'm glad I came across your post as I will be camping in the Ann Arbor area in the spring and will surely make a point of visiting this shop! :puffy:

carytobacco

Can't Leave
Nov 23, 2012
Cary, NC
Great place. Not sure if they still do but years ago they had quite a collection of high end pipes, especially Savinelli Autos.

Status
Not open for further replies.