PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
Chris had Cerebral Palsy, and wasn't able to do a lot of thing like what we consider normal. However he was very independent, and strong willed. He wouldn't stand for being put in a special class in elementry or high school, and went on to get a degree from the University of Alabama. Unfortunately that really didn't help him in this area, and he had moved to Cumming Ga to live with his brother Tony. He and tony had a closer relationship than even most brothers do, as Tony had always looked out for Chris. Even though Tony was two years younger, they shared a bond most siblings would be jealous of.
Chris was my step son, but he was twenty three when his mother, Susan, and I got together. So i had only know him as an independent young man. Through your life you meet and sometimes even work with people, that are just acquaintances. Then there are those that really make an impression, I don't know anyone Chris was around much that he didn't make an impression on. He passed away last Wednesday, and he will most certainly be missed by all that knew him.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I am very sorry for your loss. Chris seemed like a great young man. God rest his soul. Thank you for sharing.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Red I"m sorry your family is grieving , from your posts I take you as a kind man and he was fortunate to have you as a stepdad. When people pass they still stay with you, small things brings memories , The old cajun

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
My sympathy to you and your family. I also have the same disability so I know that your stepson did his best for as long as he was able.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
My condolences, He will live on in your memories and is probably smiling at you and your family right now.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Red, you and your family have my family's deepest condolences. We have a 20 year old daughter, Erica, who also has Cerebral Palsy. It sounds like Chris had a very loving and supportive family. I am sure he is in God's arms looking down on all of you and wishing you peace in this difficult time. You will all be in our prayers tonight.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I am so sorry for the loss you and your family have endured, Red, and I'll light a candle for him before mass later this morning.
You and yours will be in my prayers and thank you for sharing this loving tribute to your stepson with us.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.