A Surprise Christmas Present From My Wife!!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
image117-513x600.jpg

Last night my wife gave me an early Christmas present, a surprise for sure! It's a Meer Queen Golden Series calabash! I know it's a Mahogany and not a gourd, but it's my first calabash, and I'm tickled to death! I'm about to go break it in with some McClelland Blue Mountain!

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Awesome who would of thought your wife would turn out a pipe hobbyist herself, she definitely has the taste for it thats a mighty fine Christmas gift Pipe. You have a good one Pete Merry Christmas to the both of you. Cheers.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
The first smoke was amazing! Cool, dry and sweet! I see why guys that have calabash pipes love them so much! I don't think this will be my last. The one I got is the medium size, my birthday is coming up next month, and I'm thinking maybe an extra large is in order!

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
That pipe is awesome!! Your wife did well! Enjoy that pipe and let us know how she smokes.. I have never smoked one before, so I am curious.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Petes03...... Since no one asked the important question, I will..........
She got a sister?!?!? :laughat:

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
Haha i was going to say if you decide to get rid of either one, let us know!

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Thanks a lot guys!
@blueyedogre, Yep, she's got a sister, but she's taken. Besides that, they're polar opposites! Lol!
@Quincy, lol! Will do, but I don't plan on gettin rid of either one any time soon!

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Very nice ! That is too cool. Congrats on a beautiful pipe and having a caring thougtful wife! :puffpipe:

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Thanks guys!
@jedediahsmith, welcome aboard! Nice to have another Smith around ( I'm one as well ) you can never have to many! By the way, this is my first mahogany pipe as well, and even though the actual bowl is meerschaum, I'm a firm believer that all materials used in the main construction of the pipe, contribute to its smoking characteristics. I does smoke nicely!

Status
Not open for further replies.