PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Tonight, wife got home from work @6:30pm. I went down town for a couple slices of Pizza for supper. As I was leaving the Pizza Shop, a man come along smoking a pipe. We got to chatting, he was smoking Old Port(grrr ewww), in a Brigham bowl with a Medico Stem. Said he had trouble finding a pipe to last him as he kept breaking the tenons. He asked me if there was a place local he could pick up a decent pipe. I told him, no, it is pretty limited around this area. I also said I took 22 pipes to the consignment a week or so ago. He asked where it was so he could go there and check em out. I felt bad for the guy so I said he could come up to the House and see if I had anything he liked. I no more than got home when he pulled in the yard. I showed him the Pipes I could bear to part with, and out of all the great choices be damned if he didn't fall in love a stubby Lorenzo Spitfire. He said now that is a sturdy pipe for me. I also gave him a couple of samples of good baccy to take with him. Told him I wanted nothing for the pipe but on his way out the door he tossed a $20.00 bill on the table. Anyway, was kinda nice to shoot the breeze with another pipe smoker for a bit. It is a rare thing here.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Good for you fisher. That is a damn fine thing for you to do. I bet he was tickled to death.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
WOW, that was a very nice thing to do. I am a big believer of random acts of kindness and you must feel good being able to help him out.
I am sure that some good Karma will come your way soon. Cheers!

crk69

Jun 30, 2012
Good for you fisher... Nice to hear stories of generosity and sharing....

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
What a great story. And what a fine example of the friendly nature of our Canadian East Coaster.

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
I was considering the possibility of their being no hope for humanity (I'm a student of Architecture so I have to think about it sometimes) but your story makes me think I was wrong.

damnyak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2012
Northern, Ontario. Canada
What a great story man! I always keep a couple old pipes floating around, It seems friend always want to give it a whirl and end up loving it. I need to grab a bag of those Smokeable Seconds from MM. Might be good to have on hand!

deleon

Nov 7, 2011
Texas
That's a cool story, you just gave this guy some great memories and a great pipe that he can tell others about, plus he can now enjoy a wonderful smoke!

Status
Not open for further replies.