PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Guys, for me this about as good as it gets. Pecking away on the computer this is where my buddy usually stays-right on the floor by my feet. I never could get any of my former wives to be like this. Another reason for love of the dog. A real buddy.:)

bryanf

Jul 16, 2013
I know what you mean. My dog is my best friend, always by my side. Must love tobacco because he licks my face all the time. He's an Aussie. We're getting ready to go together on a 4 day backpacking fly fishing and hunting trip in 10 days. Can't wait.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Col, what a pal you have. Dogs are the best friends. They never let you down, and are always soooo glad to see you.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Bubba is partial to Doritos. I know it's probably not all that good for him but I don't give him many. He'll jump on the couch with me and put one paw on one side of my leg and the other one on the other side and wait for his treat as we watch the Hatfield's and McCoys. He's into westerns and shows like that for whatever the reason. He especially likes the Clint Eastwood westerns. My kind of buddy.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Good to see you and your buddy back around colcolt. Hadn't seen you posting in awhile.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I get lazy now and then. I've been spending a lot of time on shooting forums...especially black powder related. Going back to my roots, I suppose. You do that when you get old. :)

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Dogs are indeed man's best friend. Want to read a terrific novel that features dogs and their training and their relationship to their master's,

Try Robert Crais' SUSPECTS. You won't be disappointed.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
He especially likes the Clint Eastwood westerns.
A special dog indeed. Dogs have a bond with and devotion to humans that is amazing...even a little mysterious.
I remember hearing or reading somewhere a long time ago, supposedly from a Native American creation myth, that went something like this: God was creating a gulf to separate the human from the animals, and at the last minute the dog jumped across to be with the human.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have to keep cats because I can't stand to leave a dog to sitters. Now the cats have wound their way into

my heart. My late wife used to say that cats are like people, and dogs are what we wish we could be, in terms

of nobility and loyalty. I grew up with a water dog (Springer/Cocker Spaniel). He'd swim in the Des Plaines

River in the winter through the ice. When he was wet, you could see he didn't have any fat for insulation.

But if you didn't throw the stick out onto the ice again, the old boy would shake the icy water all over you.

He was a force of nature, a bolt of lightning.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I remember hearing or reading somewhere a long time ago, supposedly from a Native American creation myth, that went something like this: God was creating a gulf to separate the human from the animals, and at the last minute the dog jumped across to be with the human.
I like that. There's a lot of insight into that thought.
Try Robert Crais' SUSPECTS. You won't be disappointed.
It sounds like it would be good. One I like is "Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates". I choose to believe our Creator has not left His creation out of an after life. Many believe otherwise but I choose to believe we will see our loves ones again-human and animal. What a wretched life this would be if it were to the contrary. But, and if it's not so then I think our memory will not be awaken to the fact of our earthly loved ones because it says there will be no more death nor sorrow nor pain. If you had the memory there would assuredly be much sorrow over lost loves ones.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
This is one of my favorites of him. Just look at those Valentino eyes...who can resist?

Sacked out...

I love this expression. I think he just broke wind and didnt know that I heard him. Or, was that vice versa. :mrgreen:

Hope ya'll don't mint the pics. I have no kids/grad kids so, this is my world.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I agree with you, colcolt - I also would be surprised if our favorite beasties weren't waiting for us on the other side of the pearly gates.

Status
Not open for further replies.