PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
I've been looking for a good pocket pipe that I can take on the go. I ran across the Savinelli "Piuma" line of featherweight pipes and they look like they may fit the bill; both in size and price range. Specifically, I'm looking at THIS ONE.
Anyone had any experience with the Piumas or recommend another good pocket pipe they've used?

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Good looking pipe and of course can't go wrong with Savinelli. However for me I use cobs. Or at work Mr.brog Small good looking pipes and no better smoker IMHO for the money hands down.

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
If you're looking for something small for a quick bowl, I am quite partial to the Savinelli Minutos.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
A friend and I both have one of these and both of us really like them:
002-034-6643.jpg

Stanwell Featherweight 245

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
My best small pipe is my peterson belgique. As far as bang for your buck though; I'd go with a kaywoodie campus. It'll run you probably 10-15 bucks and it's about a 25 minute smoke. 15 if you don't smoke the bottom.

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
There's a roley over on pulvers briar. Most of my pipes fit it my pocket at one time or another.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
The Tsuge really does look nice. Usually I'm not one for a rusticated, but I do like squat bowls. It is a bit mpre than I wanted to spend though....
Ack! Damn temptation!
Also, Roley looks neat too - how they smoke?

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
I own both the bowl and brandy Tsuge and I can say that the bowl smokes better than the brandy. The brandy I have found can't pass a cleaner properly, but the Tsuge bowl I have is one of my best smokers. Be warned though, it's more than a 20 minute smoke...it's deceivingly small but capacious!

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
Thanks to everyone that posted.
You swayed me, I went for the Tsuge. Enough people on the forums write well of them, the responses here swayed me a bit and it was a pretty good deal that I couldn't refuse.
P.S. rothnh, you are evil sir...I can feel the PAD growing...
But seriously, thank you much for the recommendation!
I'll post some pics when it arrives

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Oklansas: I have a Savinelli - Lollo, and a Dunhill Group 2, both of which are excellent pocket pipes. I have to say, I absolutely adore my Lollo!

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
I think i am going to end up getting one of those Svainellis in the future too; just later than sooner :D

appointed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2013
I usually just keep a cob or beater in my pocket. For me, even things in my pocket take a beating, which is why I usually choose to keep a $3 cob in them over a nice briar. If you're anything like me, then you're gonna want to consider if the pipe is gonna take a beating or not, and if so, is it cheap enough not to be of concern. If it's not gonna take a beating, then you might want to look at those little vest pocket pipes. I see them floating around Ebay all the time. Although I've never owned one, they're small and look neat. I plan on getting one at some point. As a bit of warning, I've noticed the cobs I keep in my pocket often get loose stems over time. I don't know if it's because they rattle around or if that is true of all pipes, but that has been my general experience. That is also why I'm afeard to keep anything more than a second cob or estate pipe that already has a lot of abuse in my pocket.

Jul 12, 2011
I like the Stanwell 63M series; I have a Deluxe and a Vario, 1-Great flake smokers, 2-Small enough to be a pocket pipe, 3-Military mount stems for quick break-down/clean & carry
002-034-5640.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.